Come join a creative team of software developers driving the future of Redis and Memcached. is most loved in the world among developers. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about making it easier and intuitive to use Redis and Memcached. In this position you will work closely with developers all over the world and craft high-quality Open Source Software (OSS) to interact with from their favorite language of choice.
You will identify and resolve pain points and fill in gaps in client interfaces, enhance discoverability of customer cloud instances, and evolve the consuming experience in a way that will help customers to focus more on their application logic rather than managing Redis and Memcached on the cloud. You will analyze and use telemetry heavily to understand customer’s needs. You will be responsible for gathering requirements from customers and working with the maintainers of open source projects to enhance the customer experience.
Amazon ElastiCache team aspires to create a place where engineers can deliver great work. We are a global business, so your ability to work with people with diverse viewpoints and backgrounds will be important. We value engineers those balancing quality and speed, operational excellence, and delivering value to our customers.
If you’re interested in a refreshing change in your career and want to hear more, let’s talk!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Excellent written and spoken English are a must
• You are experienced with more than one of Java, C/C++, .NET, Ruby, Grails, Perl, shell scripting or other
• You are experienced with Aurora, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL or another major SQL database
• You are a generalist familiar with more than one SDLC process, language, framework, platform and environment and are capable of diving into the deepest parts of technologies when called for
• You understand networking, network programming, network-oriented design patterns, distributed computing and best practices related to same
• You have a good understanding of web services, virtualization, SQL, Git, networking, and distributed systems
• Familiarity with Redis or Memcached
• Experience in writing blogs, and working with the customers
• Experience with plugin development for IDEs
• Strong desire to build great tools for other developers Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
• For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us