The Device Analytics team supports the entirety of Amazon’s device portfolio and is responsible for the comprehensive backend web services and mobile & IoT SDKs. The team owns a fleet of metrics, crash reporting and log services that provide insight into the current and future state of Amazon’s devices. Engineers employ the full breadth of their software development toolbox to work across a broad set of technologies including web services, mobile app development and embedded/IoT platforms.
As a SDE on the team, you will be responsible for leading the architecture, design, development and launch of some of the core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• 4+ years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation must involve: designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, C#, or C++, and/or Object Oriented Design.
• 4+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
• Experience developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
• By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.