We are looking for a dedicated and driven individual to join our dynamic, fast-paced environment as Software Developer. Reporting to the Manager, IT Development this role will be responsible for developing, configuring, and testing software solutions for our customers and internal stakeholders. This includes the development, management, and support of websites, applications, cloud infrastructure, and new innovative product development.
What You’ll Do
- Design develop and test software
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve application incidents
- Deliver fully functional and tested software solutions that meet all business and customer requirements
- Craft innovative solutions to challenging problems that facilitate the improvement of the production of lottery products
- Support existing/new innovations in accordance to established practices and policies
- Meet development targets ensuring project deadlines are met
Who You Are
- A motivated self-starter who is willing to learn and stay up-to-date with industry developments
- A good listener who possesses excellent written and oral communication skills to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- An analytical individual who can self-manage, complete high priority tasks and deliver on time
- A resourceful problem-solver with the ability to use logic, technical and critical thinking skills to proactively plan for and investigate issues
What You’ll Need:
- Previous experience in application, mobile or web development would be considered an asset
- Previous experience or knowledge of AWS and their services would be an asset
- Familiarity with web development frameworks, cross platform mobile app development frameworks and project management principles are an asset
- Working knowledge of software development life-cycle and project management principles
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résume.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.
Pollard Banknote is a leading lottery partner to more than 60 lotteries worldwide, providing high quality instant ticket products, licensed games, Schafer Systems and Fastrak retail merchandising solutions, and a full suite of digital offerings, ranging from game apps to comprehensive player engagement and iLottery solutions, including strategic marketing and management services. The company is a proven innovator and has decades of experience helping lotteries to maximize player engagement, sales, and proceeds for good causes. Pollard Banknote also provides pull-tab tickets, bingo paper, and its Diamond Game and Oasis-branded electronic ticket machines to charitable and other gaming markets in North America. Established in 1907, Pollard Banknote is owned approximately 67.5% by the Pollard family and 32.5% by public shareholders, and is publicly traded on the TSX (PBL). For more information, please visit Pollard Banknote’s website at www.pollardbanknote.com.