Our client, a leader in their field, currently has an opening for a Software Developer to join their team in Toronto. This is a great opportunity to join a leading organization and be part of a high-performing team. The company offers flexible working schedules including the option to work from home after probation. If you are looking to join a company that offers you the opportunity to grow your career in an exciting and growing industry, we want to hear from you!
NOTE: To be eligible for this position, you must live in Toronto/GTA
The Software Developer is involved in all areas of development from design to development to testing. More specifically, the Software Developer is responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining ERP software including improving its performance, upgrading its interfaces and expanding its capabilities. The Software Developer will also be involved in validation procedures, troubleshooting and working with customers and internal teams on technical issues including software system design and maintenance. The work includes:
- Collaborate with other software developers and other teams to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain ERP software following established standards.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on time and budget.
- Perform software maintenance, modifications, and enhancements to new and existing products through programming, testing, and documenting.
- Modifying software to adapt it to hardware requirements, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Package and support the deployment of releases and make recommendations on the installation of software with clients including software-hardware interfaces.
- Working with customers and internal teams on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Provide advice on and develop specifications and performance requirements.
- Providing third-level support to business users.
Skills & Experience:
A minimum of a college diploma, preferably in Computer Science, Software Development or Business in Information Technology or other related disciplines, or an acceptable combination of education, training, and/or relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software development and quality assurance or a related role using:
- Proficient with Microsoft programming languages in a Windows Environment (VB.Net, C#), software development life cycle and network technologies
- Experience developing responsive web applications using ASP.NET MVC and potentially other tools such as DevExpress, Teleric, .NET Core, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server Transact SQL
- Proficient using version control systems (Git)
Nice to haves:
- Cloud computing platforms (e.g. MS Azure, AWS)
- Security best practices in the context of web applications
- Agile/Scrum development process
ITPlacements is a Boutique Staffing Firm that is fixated on our Clients success of finding the right fit for their full-time or contract role. We give open, honest feedback to help our Clients be successful. We really do believe that we change lives both for our Clients and Candidates!