At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build abetter future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds todevelop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world ofSiemens here:
Company: SISW – Mentor
Job Title: Software Engineer (Python, Linux, Git) – 196410
Job Location: CA – Saskatchewan – Saskatoon
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
We are looking for talented software developers (Python) tojoin our technical team at the Saskatoon research & development site ofMentor, A Siemens Business. We develop leading-edge chip design software thatis used by some of the world’s largest technology companies.
At Mentor, we develop custom software to solve problems incircuit verification, design automation, and other specialized fields withinthe semiconductor industry.
Solutions are found through approaches such as machinelearning, statistical analysis, and advanced (and patented!) techniques. Youwill be working at the cutting-edge of software development withindustry-leading customers at one of the largest companies in the world.
This position is located in brand-new and state-of-the-art officesat Innovation Place in Saskatoon, SK, Canada.
• Use Python to develop software that addresses some of theworld’s most challenging problems.
• Work with our top-notch technical team, here in Saskatoonand around the world, to ensure our leading electronic design
automation software products evolve to meet the changingexpectations of our customers.
• Collaborate directly with technology experts at majorsemiconductor companies to define, develop, and deliver new products andproduct features.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively develop high-qualitysoftware in a collaborative environment.
• Demonstrated expertise in some or all of the following:Python, Linux, testing, source control (Git), algorithms, debugging, profiling,GUI design (Qt)
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)demonstrated through software documentation (commit messages, docstrings, etc),collecting customer requirements, and communicating with team members.
• A team player; an ability to provide and be receptive ofconstructive feedback (through code reviews, design iteration, verificationprocess) and to provide mentorship to junior developers.
• Customer-focused; ability to prioritize tasks based oncustomer experience and ROI.
• Willingness to learn and interested in new challenges.
• Nice-to-have expertise: C++, statistics (Monte Carloanalysis), test automation, transistor-level circuit design, EDA CAD tools,SQL, and release management.
At Siemens we arealways challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the mostinnovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Findout more about the Digital world of Siemens here: