At Neo, we empower people to get the most out of their money and time. We’re a tech company reimagining everyday banking from the ground up to create rewarding experiences and build community for all Canadians. We’re looking for passionate go-getters who want to move fast and create a lasting impact.
Neo Financial is looking for a full-time Backend Software Developer to join our team in Calgary, AB.
As a Software Developer, you will be collaborating with other talented devs; you’ll be a strong code contributor and commit working code every day. You‘ll focus on the development of back-end services and APIs while fostering best practices automated testing, or helping with code reviews.
At Neo, you get to own code quality and own projects from inception through to deployment. Our tech stack is built with a Microservices approach and includes TypeScript, Node, Serverless, GraphQL, React, MongoDB, and AWS – but we believe great developers can learn any tech stack.
Our engineering team casts a wide net of problem solvers and self-starters, who are all energized by fast-paced work and can adjust their footing swiftly on any given day. Make your mark with transformative products and technologies, alongside some of Canada’s most successful developers and tech minds.
What you’ll be doing:
- Write complex back-end code with Typescript, Node, Apollo GraphQL, MongoDB & more
- Help build a cutting-edge micro-services architecture following best-in-industry patterns
- Participate in end-to-end delivery of features including taking ownership over things like unit testing or getting your feature deployed to production.
- Provision cloud-based resources using Terraform, Docker, and “Infrastructure-as-Code”
- Help with code reviews, mentor and coach junior developers
Who we’re looking for:
- Around 2 years experience building back-end services, APIs and business logic.
- Some knowledge of our tech stack (or similar technologies); excitement to learn our stack is paramount
- Strong coder in at least 1 programming language
- Knowledge of the current tech ecosystem, state of the art, trends and announcements
- Experience working with teams (solo experience less desirable)
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate
What will help you succeed:
- Adaptable, high-achievers energized by a startup environment
- Team players who love being part of and leading an agile ecosystem
- Project owners who can engage with designers and stakeholders
- Makers with a drive to finish, impress users, and delight customers
What it’s like to work with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and realize a better financial future. It’s a serious deal, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know a thing or two about having fun. Our entrepreneurial environment gets our adrenaline pumping and beats the regular 9-5 job. We’re in it together, always. Gain hands-on experience and be part of the future.
About applying with Neo:
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.