Amazon’s Advertising Analytics and Insights (A&I) team is looking for a motivated and experienced Software Development Engineer to design and develop a new data presentation automation system for Amazon advertisers. We are a startup within one of the fastest growing and most strategic parts of Amazon. Analytics & Insights owns the product, technology and deployment roadmap for advanced analytics and insights products across our advertiser success team. Advertiser success is core to Amazon’s growth, as it helps our suppliers drive awareness, consideration, and purchase of their products by hundreds of millions of consumers around the world, and generates revenue which helps us lower prices and invest in improvements to our customer experience. We are a highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving team with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
As a software development engineer on the team, you will own the design, development, test, and delivery of software built in native AWS. Your system will consume big data and generate personalized data presentations at scale. You will be successful if you have a broad array of both technical and business experiences, exceptional design skills, an excellent ability to solve problems, good communication skills, and a desire to be a key technical contributor.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
• 1+ year of professional experience in enterprise AWS development
• Production-level programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C#, or C++, including object-oriented design
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellent interpersonal communication and strong verbal and written English skills
• Graduate-level degree in computer science or related technical field
• Experience with Agile software development, for example Scrum or Kanban