We are looking for a Software Applications Engineer with a strong desire to stay up to date on the latest data management, analysis, and visualization tools. To be successful, you should be focused on execution and delivering results for real industrial customers.
Being a self-starter is key, with an instinct for how to start small and then scale big. In this role, there will be ample opportunity to guide the direction of Praemo’s software stack and to participate in larger industrial organizations and initiatives to set broader standards.
- Develop and maintain a software system that can perform at the speed of our customers’ businesses and scale to a large number and breadth of uses
- Support the deployment of machine learning based products/solutions, which provide descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, or prescriptive models based on data in real time
- Deploy and maintain performant and scalable applications using Docker on Kubernetes
- Proficiency in Python, NoSQL databases (Mongo, Cassandra, etc.)
- Familiar with Redis
- Must have Linux expertise
- Proficiency in at least one modern PWA framework (Vue, React, Angular, etc.
- Practical experience with implementing and operating DevOps tools/platforms across the development lifecycle
- Familiarity with GitLab (or similar tools) as well as software versioning and management
- Knowledge of Docker
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure), test driven development, and databases (including time series, relational, and NoSQL variants)
- Great verbal and written communication skills for collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong focus on documentation and sharing
- Real passion for working in a team to develop solutions for complex problems
- Thrive in an autonomous, empowering and exciting environment
- Commitment to doing something that you love so that work is fun and you are contributing to an intellectually stimulating environment
- A strong desire to learn and investigate new technologies
- BSc in Computer science or College diploma with significant experience
- 2-5 years of DevOps/Software Development experience
- Any security professional certifications are highly favored
- Previous startup experience
- Leadership experience, or desire to grow into a leadership role
Founded by industry experts and focused on the appropriate application of leading-edge analytic technologies like AI within industrial operations, we believe there is a simpler, more cost, time and operationally effective way to harvest insights from the Industrial and Manufacturing data sets that already exist.
Praemo is an advanced data and analytics company that builds solutions utilized by a wide range of industrial operations. From discrete manufacturing to consumer-packaged goods to mining and process plants, our technology, RazorTM fills a critical gap. Utilizing an organization’s operational and IoT (Internet of Things) data as-is, where-is, and applying AI (artificial intelligence) tools like ML (Machine Learning), RazorTM transforms existing, under-utilized data into context relevant insights. These insights alert industrial operators to any anomaly with the potential to harm performance in time to prevent it.
For more information please visit:
Follow us at:
Michael Martinez, CEO https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-martinez-0a6b003
Paul Hancock, CFO https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-hancock-12b1136
Andy Henderson, CTO https://www.linkedin.com/in/andyhend
Paul Boris, CRO https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulboris