Position: Full-time (12-month contract with possibility of extension).
Location: Montreal or Toronto
We’re looking for someone to join our team as a Social Media Manager. If you’re based in Toronto or Montreal; if you’re a tech-savvy Social Media nerd; if you’re the type of person to let your latte get cold because you had to nail the perfect shot; if you curate your own Instagram feed with precision… just because; if you use your free time to learn new things; if you consider yourself a wordsmith and a natural storyteller; if you refuse to conform to traditional work standards; if the thought of a 9-5 bores you to tears; if you’d prefer cafes and co-working over cubicles; if you stay up late to catch up on the latest social media industry news… then we want you.
- 3+ years professional experience as a Social Media Manager working on Social Media and Content Creation projects at a company or agency; including sourcing, creating + curating content, strategy, copywriting, scheduling, reporting and community management
- In-depth knowledge of all major Social Media networks: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Tik Tok, Snapchat and Google+ (lol, jk)
- Strong copywriting/caption writing/blog writing skills + writing experience
- Impeccable attention to detail and grammar
- Strong customer service skills
- A genuine passion for Social Media and Content Creation
- Proficient in Canva, or similar design software
- Have intermediate knowledge of how to create and execute paid ads (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google Ads)
- Are familiar with Asana, Planoly, Later, and/or Sprout Social.
- The energy to always want to be the best at what you do.
Bonus points if you:
- Are bilingual in English and French
- Have Photoshop/Lightroom (photo editing) and/or Final Cut Pro/Premier (video editing) skills
What you’ll be doing:
- Support the development and execution of Social Media strategy for agency clients
- Content planning and creation, copywriting, scheduling, and posting for the client’s and the agency’s social platforms
- Community Management for client’s and agency’s social channels, including targeted interactions, general engagement, responding to comments, and ensuring complaints are taken care of + escalated where appropriate
- Ensure consistency in brand voice across all client and agency marketing materials
- Execute promotions and contests, and ensure all relevant holidays (secular + Social Media) + seasonal activities are covered via content schedule
- Write industry-focused or tip-based blog posts + put together bi-weekly newsletters
- Develop social strategy documentation and other relevant documents for clients
- Compile data and write monthly reports
- Stay up to date on all things happening in the Social Media world
- Support the Founders in miscellaneous tasks as they come.
- We’re obsessed with the details.
- We focus on what matters.
- We take ownership.
- We create with intention.
About High Season
Mission Statement: To help brands we believe in tell compelling stories, create authentic connections and deliver transformational experiences online.
Who We Are
Founded in 2014, High Season Co. is a Social Media Agency designed to help you discover your community, create authentic connections and deliver transformational experiences. We were raised by the internet, we are rooted in diversity, and we are immersed in the culture – this is our competitive edge. Driven by passion, knowledge and entrepreneurship, we anticipate where attention is going and seek to break the algorithm in the pursuit of it.
Specializing in Social Media Management, Content Creation and paid Social Advertising, we design results-oriented campaigns that tell compelling stories by delivering a unified consumer experience online, creating scroll-stopping visuals and positioning brands where they will be most effective.
Thank you for applying, only candidates that fit will be contacted.