Jim Kimber Construction Inc. is a general contracting company with focus in commercial construction. We complete projects that range from new build to complete renovation, regardless of size, in both design build and lump sum contract forms. Whatever our clients need, we pride ourselves on being able to make it work. All employees are required to be flexible and wear many hats. As a Site Superintendent, the successful candidate will be required to oversee multiple projects and will be expected “put on the tool belt” as required.
Employees in a supervisory position are provided with a company vehicle, iPhone, and tools which are required to complete their work. We offer employees a competitive salary, group health & dental plan, and above all – a manageable work-life balance.
- Supervise on all on site activities on multiple sites to ensure compliance with contract documents and safety requirements.
- Coordinate subcontractors on site.
- Have a familiarity with the project schedule and budget requirements and make every effort to meet and exceed these demands.
- Liaise with representatives from the client and consultants to ensure that Jim Kimber Construction is represented in a professional manner.
- Work with local authorities having jurisdiction over the project.
- Foster a healthy work environment.
- Varied work background.
- Strong negotiation, critical thinking, communication, and organizational skills.
- Have 3+ years of on-site experience managing construction projects.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
- Carpentry skills.
- Certificate/degree in related field will be considered an asset.