We are a solutions-driven, customer-focused provider of material handling, storage, and automated systems solutions and we take pride in knowing that your actions boost our customers’ productivity. We are looking for customer-focused, self-starting individuals to join our team and make a difference. If that sounds like you, join the Johnston Equipment team today!
Are you good with your hands, have a knack for all things technical? Join Johnston Equipment as a Shop Mechanic – Master.
The ideal candidate has mechanical, electrical, and some information technology skills. In this role, you will be conducting the disassembling and overhaul of lift trucks in the workshop. The shop mechanic is also involved in the preparations of the trucks for safe shipping. You have an eye for troubleshooting operational malfunctions on equipment. Johnston Equipment provides technical tools to its mechanics to support them in their positions including the latest technology in order to process work orders.
How You’ll Make an Impact
You will be responsible for the overall operational integrity and condition of truck units and perform the following responsibilities:
What You’ll Bring to the Table
· High school completion or equivalent education proficiency and/or 1-3 years of experience as an auto, forklift, heavy equipment or t truck and coach mechanic
· Must have an Automotive Technician Certification and Lift Capacity Inspection Technician
· Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems of battery and engine powered material handling equipment
· Basic knowledge of electrical and electronic principles
· Knowledge of the use of hand tools and measuring devices
· Knowledge of the use of electrical/electronic diagnostic tools/measurements
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Customer service oriented
· Effective analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced and changing environment.
Why You’ll love it here
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
G.N. Johnston Equipment is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified designated group members are encouraged to apply as any reasonable accommodation of qualifications will be considered as per our Accommodation Policy, available upon request.
About Johnston Equipment:
Johnston Equipment provides material handling equipment to move product in, out and throughout warehouses; service solutions and tools to better manage warehouse productivity; racking, storage and automated system solutions to optimize the storage and movement of goods; and programs to protect material handling assets and the people who utilize them. We are continually striving to create better and more advanced solutions as well as provide the highest quality service.
We are growing and need talented professionals to drive our vision to create an effortless experience for our customers by delivering our products and services in an efficient and safe manner. Join us…. Make a difference!