Our Surrey Branch is currently seeking a Shipper/ Receiver to join their warehouse team. Under the supervision of the Warehouse Manager, this individual will assist with shipping, receiving and warehouse duties included in the job requirements. We are looking for individual who is hard-working, dedicated, self-starting, team player, and eager to learn.
· Load and unload trucks.
· Review incoming and outgoing shipments.
· Check all packaging for damage and compare, count and verify information on packing slips.
· Complete bills of lading, packing slips, address labels, etc.
· Communicate with Warehouse Supervisor to resolve discrepancies as needed.
· Transfer goods to and from Branch locations.
· Follow safety procedures and practices.
· Maintain a clean and organized work environment
· Operate a forklift and order picker.
· Perform all other related duties as assigned.
· Retrieve orders in a timely manner while ensuring accuracy.
· Build pallets with orders and position them to loading docks
· Utilizes continuous improvement mindset and assists in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
· Maintains a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
· Re-stock inventory as needed
· Keep records of completed orders
· Adhere to health & safety policies and quality standards
Education & Qualifications
· RF Scanned experience required.
· High School diploma or GED required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Warehouse and/or industry related experience preferred.
· Basic computer skills. Able to learn and use in-house software applications.
· Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Able to work from verbal and written instructions and have good attention to detail.
· Able to work accurately with numbers and words.
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Able to lift 60 lbs.