SERVICE TECHNICIAN (AV)
We are looking for a Service Technician with experience working in the digital signage or audio visual (AV) industry. Reporting to the Services Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for testing and troubleshooting digital signage solutions, as well as resolving support tickets. This technician must have AV knowledge, be able to work independently, and have strong attention to detail. This individual must be able to work overnight hours on an occasional basis, and will be servicing clients mainly located around the downtown Toronto area.
Duties would include but not limited to:
· Troubleshoot a variety of technical and non-technical digital signage related client issues
· Document issues encountered and fixes completed during service calls
· Communicate effectively with clients as well as third party contractors
· Test and troubleshoot digital media solutions on-site
· Resolve support tickets
· Create service manuals for internal use
· Service locations within 2 hours of Toronto; occasionally further
· Able to lift up to 50lbs
· Perform other duties as required
· Must possess valid G driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle
· Availability to work evenings and weekends for emergency service calls
· Training with scissor lifts and boom lifts would be an asset
· Working at Heights training would be an asset
· A+ certification considered an asset
· CCNA certification considered an asset
Skills and Experience
· Experience with structured cabling, and knowledgeable with fastener types, placement of anchors, hanging mounts, etc.
· 1 to 2 years of related work experience in the digital signage or AV industry
· Excellent understanding of network set-up, IP configuration, and router configuration
· Excellent teamwork, written and oral communication
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
· Organized, reliable and pays strong attention to detail
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
ICON is a full-service organization with a 120,000 square foot state-of-the-art production facility based in Markham, Ontario. With additional offices based in Toronto, New York, and Montreal, we are unmatched in terms of technology, production capabilities, and product diversity, serviced by the most experienced and knowledgeable team of display graphics, digital signage, video production, and print professionals in the business. ICON’s reputation for reliability, quality workmanship, professionalism, and customer service is well earned and reflected by the trust and loyalty of clients we serve.
As a multi-faceted visual communications media company, we serve our clients’ needs of transforming spaces in retail, out-of-home advertising, digital, corporate/event marketing, hospitality, and consumer packaged goods (CPG) industries. Our company name represents strength and innovation, both of which are necessary for growth and success within our respective industries. Within ICON we have four divisions – ICON Media, ICON Visual, ICON Print, and ICON Motion; these divisions support the commitment we give to our clients to continue being leaders in All Things Visual.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Icon Media is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Icon Media is a supporter of AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act). Accommodation will be provided to all applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process. Please include a summary of the accommodation required in your application email.