Northern Docks Systems is the National leader in the installation, repair and maintenance of Overhead Doors and Docking equipment. We are currently looking for a Service Estimator for a permanent position located in our Cambridge, On office.
As the Service Estimator you will join our energetic Mississauga team providing sales, preventive maintenance and service support for some of Canada’s largest companies. As a team member your daily responsibilities will include vendor management (invoice review, document protocols, vendor relations and documenting commutations), assisting dispatch with service requests and service calls and update vendors and customers throughout the day.
- Provide accurate and detailed estimates for quotations and work orders as required for service, new equipment and preventive maintenance
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by customer requirements, specifications, and related documents
- Must be familiar working with Blueprints and Schematics
- Must be skilled with computers and Microsoft Excel
- Resolve any discrepancies by collecting and analyzing all information.
- Work with accounting department to review customer quotations regarding pricing, time on site and customer requirements and limitations
- Maintain and continually build a directory of suppliers and contacts
- Maintain a cost database by entering and backing up data
- Co-ordinate with Sales reps and Account managers, and prioritize work orders on an as needed basis
- Monitor material costs and manage suppliers based on lead times and costs, on an ongoing basis
- Identify material, parts, and time requirements through photographs, manuals and liaison with manufacturers
- Speaking with operations managers, facility managers, and clients when required
- independently monitor portals and manage work orders
- Helping to maintain vendor management, regarding continuous documentation
- Assist the National and local service teams when required
- Help monitor portals and manage work orders when required
- Follow NDS and customer policies and procedures
- Follow up with outside vendors to attain job status and communicate requirements
- Enter information into internal customer relationship management system
- Follow all supplier and NDS warranty procedures when applicable.
- Constantly seek improvements and bring suggestions forward to improve entire service call policies, procedures, and process.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Other administration tasks when needed
Position: Service Estimator
Manager: National Service Manager
Work hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
- 3-4 years of quoting and/or estimating experience
- Experience within the construction, HVAC, loading dock and door or electrical industry would be an asset.
- Must be PC literate with strong working knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- A university degree or college diploma in Business Administration, construction/engineering or Accounting would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and/or NAV would be an asset.
- Knowledge of trades (i.e.: construction, mechanical, and electrical) and technical experience would be an asset.
- Excellent analytical, planning, and administrative skills.
- A competitive base salary.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Employee Wellness Program.
If you are interested in the Service Estimator position, please, send in your resume and we will contact you directly as soon as possible.
Contact name: Aaron Gonsalves
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
About Northern Dock Systems
Northern Docks Systems is an industry leader in the sales and service of industrial energy-efficient products with dedicated departments geared towards developing strategic and customized full-scale solutions to enhance safety, productivity, and efficiency for our customers across a wide variety of industries.
We’re also proud to have been recognized as one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by PROFIT 500 and a leading energy saving provider by Ontario's two largest natural gas utility providers.