The Service Director will oversee the entire service organization within SSI Schaefer Canada and will have service managers as direct reports. The Service Director will work under the direction of and report directly to the VP Sales and Operations and Managing Director. The Service Director’s role will have the responsibility to maintain and grow service account revenue with strong focus on customer satisfaction. The service director will manage, coach and develop the service managers and team members as well as providing customers with ongoing support with existing and system upgrades. The service director will have responsibility for achieving financial KPIs including sales, and order execution working closely with the North American organization.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring for a team of Service Managers and other team members including Software Support Engineers, PLC Engineers and Mechatronics.
- Develop departmental budgets and business plans for functional area
- Maintain, grow and optimize the Canadian service organization to better fulfill customer needs while achieving key business KPIs
- Responsible for service order intake, invoiced sales, and profit within the Canada organization
- Develops effective relationships with key customer contacts, other leaders and key stakeholders, business units, project teams, and operations in enabling the successful delivery of solutions for the business.
- Participates in customer and internal meetings
- Working closely with the North American team in a matrix organization
- Responsible to lead by example and ensure team compliance of all management directives, company and departmental policies, procedures as well as safety standards
- Communicate all new or revised policies, procedures and /or processes to team members to ensure they have the most up-to-date and current information.
- Performs important areas of standard professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting, more complex, less-clearly defined issues.
- Prepares and conducts performance reviews for the service managers, and align service team member performances with their direct supervisors.
- Administers and implements safety program, prepares and maintains safety certifications.
- Performs complex conflict resolution for internal and external conflicts.
- Responsible for maintenance contracts and third party service providers.
- Successfully defines work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
- Recommend/ determine organizational structures and supervisory relationships for own segment of company in cooperation with the VP Sales and Operations and Managing Director
- Applies supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
- Participates in the resolution of design and performance issues of semi-complex systems that integrate hardware and software.
- Provides guidance and services to educate customer and staff in the proper operation and maintenance of the material handling system.
- Works independently with little direct supervision or review
- Create weekly team schedules to ensure appropriate coverage of work activities including but not limited to coordinating individual leave requests, ensuring team members have sufficient time for breaks, lunches etc.
- Works as part of international team to ensure maximum system uptime and performance.
- Identifies assigns and directs team work assignments to effectively utilize resources complete assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provides consultation to customers including quotes and expansions to improve existing Schaefer systems.
Qualification Requirements: (to be considered for the position)
- 4-year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar work.
- At least 2 years of prior experience managing service teams and customers
- Have strong problem solving skills where knowledge of IT and electrotechnical systems is a plus.
- Demonstrated customer relationship and business development capability
- Must be able to work with multiple third vendors.
- Must have the ability to define, track & measures Key Performance Indicators for a service organization
- Have a demonstrated ability to create reports and communication materials to best report and demonstrate continuous improvement of maintenance and operations of material handling equipment to our customer
- Ability to work with in a matrix organization and coordinate closely with key stakeholders
- Must be able to multitask and handle concurrent projects
- Must have strong customer service skills and an inclination towards sales
- Must have strong written, verbal and reading communication skills to support centralized and decentralized teams
- Candidate must have working experience with MS office products with strong presentation and data analytic skills
Our organization will, on request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our Recruitment Process