Who Are We?
Libra Information Technologies is a full-service IT outsourcing firm and has been supporting small- to medium-sized businesses for the past 18 years. As a IT consulting firm based in Mississauga, Ontario, our in-house Canadian team delivers industry leading Managed IT Services, IT Support Services, IT Outsourcing Services, Tech Support Services and Cloud Services.
Who Are Our Clients?
Libra Information Technologies client portfolio consists of the GTA’s most elite and industry leading companies. They are predominantly in the private sector and they cover a wide variety of industries including insurance, financial, construction, manufacturing, nonprofit (charities) and legal.
Who Are We Looking For?
Libra Information Technologies is looking for the right person, not just any person to take on the new IT Support Services position. Our biggest asset is our team and they are committed to technology as it is a passion, not a job. Our next tech support team member super star will join us as a full-time employee with a 6-month probation. This person will have an overall aptitude for IT technologies, which will enhance their troubleshooting skillset.
Our internal IT technical support team likes to play in sandbox environments, testing new technologies for the fun of it. We only use the best business class technology. No freeware or consumer grade products. We use Enterprise class remote monitoring and management (RMM) and professional services automation (PSA) tools to proactively manage our client environments 24/7, 365 days a year.
What Are the Responsibilities?
- Assemble, image and configure client workstations, laptops and printers.
- Perform onsite and remote tech support troubleshooting of hardware, software and networking issues for various clients.
- Perform Level 1 and 2 tech support fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and application.
- Monitor central ticketing system to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Document any or all changes to client environments.
- Apply industry “Best Practices” to all client sites.
- Follow check lists to ensure a consistent result for routine and common tasks.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases and FAQ resources on the Internet/intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Leverage front-line client experience to identify sales opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Flexible hours, which could include Weekends, Evenings, and Holidays.
What Are the Requirements?
- 4 – 6 years of experience in a managed IT services (MSP) firm.
- Ability to multi-task in a team environment is essential
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing tech support issues
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to absorb and retain information in a high paced environment
- Must possess exceptional customer service orientation
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills is a must as this is a customer-facing role
- Proven technical, analytical and problem-solving tech support skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a passion for technology and I.T.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science / Information Technology
- Must achieve an industry certification within 6 months of employment
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License and full access to a reliable vehicle
- Must pass Criminal Background Check prior to employment.
What Are the Technical Requirements?
- Experience with installing, configuring, administering and troubleshooting a wide range of desktop hardware and software (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10) as well as Apple OS X (Optional)
- Experience with using Microsoft Office Suite including 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016
- Experience with Remote Control Software such as LogMeIn and Remote Desktop Connection
- Experience with troubleshooting printers, scanner and various other peripherals
- Experience with troubleshooting and supporting mobile devices iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry
- Knowledge of Office 365, Gmail and other emailing apps
- Working Knowledge of virtualization platforms including VMware and Hyper-V
What Would Be Some Bonus Items?
- Microsoft/CompTIA certifications would be a big asset
- Experience with Remote Monitoring and Management tools
- Prior experience with a Managed Services Provider (MSP) is a BIG ONE
- Software expirence with LOB Application that service the Legal, and Financial verticals… another BIG ONE.
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED .
Libra Information Technologies has proudly serviced a myriad of clients within Canada last 20 years. There is no place that we won’t go to ensure that you are connected to your business at all times.
We are a professional IT firm that prides our selves on being able to service clients locally as well as globally. NO matter what your needs are, we are a one stop IT solutions provider. We take the time to thoroughly assess your IT and future business needs. Together we implement a solution that is both cost effective and to scale with your vision.