We are looking for a personable Service Advisor to act as the liaison between our customers and service technicians. The Service Advisor's responsibilities include greeting customers, listening to requests, scheduling appointments, estimating costs, verifying insurance, conducting inspections, and test driving boats. The Service Advisor will ensure customer service by working with customers to determine their vehicle issues and problems, determining the repair timeline, and working with technicians to convey the customers' concerns with accurate repair descriptions.
Competitive Wages & Benefits, Advancement Opportunities, Ongoing Training And A Bonus Program Is Offered.
· Greet customers when they arrive at the dealership
· Discuss with customer there needs and potential solutions
· Consult with technicians about necessary repairs and possible solutions to the repair
· Provide customers with in-depth information about available aftermarket and OEM (original equipment manufacturer) part options
· Advise customers about warranty protections and potential cost savings
· Advise customers about warranty procedures
· Oversee warranty related claims and processing
· Maintaining positive customer relationships to ensure repeat business.
· Ensuring all details on services rendered and costs are related to customers and processing their payments.
· Liaising with service technicians about parts ordering and ensuring parts are available when needed.
· Contribute to an overall team atmosphere
· Ability to perform minor mechanical services considered an asset
· Ability to communicate in a professional and courteous manor
· Ability to effectively communicate via phone, email and in person
· Working knowledge of Ms Word/Excel and Office
· Must have outgoing, friendly personality and superior communication &
· Customer service skills
· Experience working in a service department
· Ability to write and work on routine reports and correspondence
· Ability to negotiate customer complaints to a satisfactory resolution
· Knowledge and experience with PPSMI products or demonstrate the ability and desire to learn them
· Experience with common dealership or point of sale computer systems
· Good computer skills
· Knowledge of office procedures
· Good organizational ability
· General understanding of mechanical/technical terms.
· High school diploma/GED required
· 3+ years’ service advising experience
· Valid drivers licence
· Marine Operators Licence considered an asset
· Knowledge of boating/marine industry and parts
· Experience with Winboats and dealership point of sale an asset
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Ability to communicate equally well with technicians, customers and senior management