Part Time available as well. Apply on line or within.
The position of Symposium Café Restaurant & Lounge Server requires an individual who has the necessary skills to provide superior customer service- for which Symposium is known- to enhance the Symposium guest experience. Each server will work in close collaboration with colleagues and follow established and proven service guidelines as well as follow established health and safety standards to ensure a memorable guest experience.
· Prepare restaurant tables as per specific set up and sanitation guidelines
· Ensure customers are welcomed upon entrance to restaurant
· Guide guests through menu items, and provide information, selections, and suggestions for a complete food and beverage guest experience
· Highlight restaurant specials and promotional items that provide a full representation of the offerings available for all dining times: breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night, happy hour, early bird etc.
· Collaborate and coordinate with other restaurant servers and kitchen/bar staff
· Address complaints or guest issues positively and expediently
· Respond quickly and effectively to guest needs including providing bills and processing payment promptly
· Promote dedication from customers through full knowledge of menu, features, special menus etc.
· Hosting and seating guests with appropriate menus, documenting guest information on host charts.
· Basic food, coffee and / or dessert preparation and food portioning when required
· Proven restaurant serving or waiting experience
· “Guest First” Approach i.e. patience and understanding of guest needs
· Effective and Efficient problem solving and decision making skills
· Hands on experience in cashier duties and making change
· Excellent oral communication and people skills
· Ability to describe menu items with confidence and knowledge and sell the product
· Responsible, Trustworthy, Strong Work Ethic
· Attention to cleanliness and safety and adherence to specified standards
· Ability to follow specific instructions and adapt to new service standards/methods
· Team player, ability to collaborate with all staff to provide superior guest experience
· Team player, able to work well with others in an often-hectic environment
· Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to follow all sanitation procedures; Health and Safety Certification an asset.
· A valid government issued Food Handler’s Certificate an asset
· Must possess a valid Ontario issued; Smart Serve Certificate