Career Path Consulting is pleased to support Pettinelli Mastroluisi LLP in their search for a Senior Staff Accountant.
About Pettinelli Mastroluisi
Founded in 1985, Pettinelli Mastroluisi LLP has grown to be one of Hamilton`s largest independent local firms. We are known for expertise, superior work quality, and a history of strong client relationships
Through strong leadership of our 7 partners, our firm demonstrates a strong sense of community and depth of expertise.
Our reputation continues through first class accounting, advisory, taxation and valuation/litigation support services – ensuring everything we do contributes to our client’s financial success.
We are the business partner of choice for privately owned corporations, their shareholders and non-profit organizations throughout Hamilton and surrounding area.
We’re looking for
· CPA designation (Ontario)
· An accounting degree, diploma or equivalent experience
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in public accounting – audit and taxation focused
· Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
· Extensive knowledge of and experience working with ASPE and NPOs
· Strong working knowledge of Sage 50 and/or QuickBooks, Caseware, TaxPrep or a similar tax software
· Exceptional attention to detail, coupled with a high degree of accuracy in work
· Superior time management skills with the ability to work efficiently and manage file budgets
· Excellent oral and written communication skills combined with active listening and influencing skills
· High degree of professionalism with the natural ability to build rapport and lasting client relationships
At Pettinelli Mastroluisi, we value strong entrepreneurial spirit. Candidates who bring audit and tax experience with owner-managed, small to mid-size businesses or not-for-profit organizations are considered preferable.
What to expect on the job
· Engage and communicate directly with clients, government agencies and other business contacts to ensure client’s expectations are achieved and deadlines are met
· Gain an in-depth understand of your clients, through the preparation and completion of audit, review and notice to reader engagements
· Regular communication with the Manager, providing insight into the progress of engagements or irregularities
· Thoroughly review client accounting data. Identify, investigate and correct discrepancies/ irregularities, ensuring client and firm are aware
· Leverage technology and internal tools to bring about greater work efficiencies and process improvements
· Always available to provide guidance and support to junior team members, actively coaching through daily tasks and while on engagements
· Acting as an ambassador of the Firm, attending community events and networking to raise the awareness of the firm and our services