We are currently seeking a candidate for the position of Senior Site Manager for a large commercial development in the Niagara Region.
The Senior Site Manager leads, directs, and coordinates the daily management of all the project(s) on the site. This leadership position is accountable for the overall performance of the project including costs, schedule, quality, project status, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
More importantly, the Senior Site Manager will manage a successful team and help develop future construction professionals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Planning, scheduling, setting objectives and controlling activities during the construction phase of a project(s) in conjunction with the other Project Superintendents, Project Manager, and Project Director.
– Provide safety leadership through the implementation of company’s Safety Program and monitoring of safety performance of the project team in conjunction with the Company Safety Manager.
– Subcontractors administration and management of subcontracts; including reviewing their purchase order and quotations and ensuring all subcontractors and suppliers are meeting their contractual obligations.
– Ensuring all subcontractors and suppliers are performing their scopes of work, as well as review and evaluation of subcontractor performance.
– Management Supervision and development of project team members through regular feedback, training and coaching; timely completion of performance evaluations.
– Foster and maintain positive relations and communication with clients, consultants, architects and subcontractors.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Completed education in a construction-related discipline as well as demonstrated Progressive 10 years experience in Mid Rise Residential or commercial buildings. Demonstrated competence in the areas of safety, workforce management, project execution, cost control, quality, and administration. Able to read coordinate drawings and look for conflicts that might arise and resolve issues as they are identified.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, MS Project). Knowledge and/or experience with Plan Grid and Bluebeam would be an asset. Computer skills and good communication skills (listening, verbal and written), organisational, planning skills and conflict resolution skills. Should have problem solving ability and able to work well under stress and is flexible. Gives attention to detail and is a team player with time management.
Seniority Level: Senior
Industry: Construction (ICI Sector)
Employment Type: Full-time