Rudram Engineering, Inc. is looking for a talented Senior Service Desktop Analyst to work with one of our clients Banque Nationale, National Bank of Canada, in Toronto.
The candidate will be required for a minimum of 6 months with possible renewal, 35.5 hours per week
**Bilingual candidates required in both English and French**
Nature of the contribution:
Reporting to the Manager of the Specialized User Environment Management Team;
you will provide advanced technical services and support to Financial Markets and Trading users by analyzing and understanding their needs to foster the growth of the various sectors based on business objectives.
As a Senior Desktop Analyst, you will:
• Help users work more efficiently with new collaborative tools like Office 365 (Yammer, Sharepoint, Skype, Teams etc), to allow them to maximize their efficiency and productivity.
• You will be in proactive mode innovating and suggesting ideas/solutions to make better use of new technologies.
• Conduct user training sessions “lunch and learn”
• Be part of a support community using collaboration tools.
• Understand how the end user utilizes various Trading systems as well as Office 365 tools, namely Excel, and ensure Macro’s and VBA are optimally set to render best performance.
• Participate in various complex analyses, identify discrepancies and formulate recommendations to optimize systems efficiency and solve major / minor problems.
• Evaluate potential impacts on implementations surrounding Financial Markets ecosystem.
• Ensure the integrity of computerized data and the stability of systems.
• Offer advanced technical support to help solve simple and complex IT problems.
• On-board new users to give them overview of all the various systems they will be using
• Help other groups with various complex analyses to support the development or modification of computer systems and ensure their efficiency.
In addition, you will:
• Act as the on-site focal point for all IT problems experienced by the clients in the Montreal branch
• Provide end to end level 2 IT support to the clients ensuring prompt resolution.
• Work with other IT teams to resolve issues and implement new technologies
• Do follow-ups with the users and business partners to confirm that their needs have been met and to formulate recommendations that can optimize processes / procedures
• Propose optimization solutions to better support the clients
• Be in proactive mode anticipating and mitigating potential issues as well as identifying root causes to ensure there is no repeat trend.
• Log all incidents into a ticketing system, including a description of the intervention logs and the implemented solution
• Participate in the maintaining & creation of documentation and procedures for all systems including IT politics and standards and ensure they are respected
• Help with analyses for major information technology projects and participate on various activities within these projects.
• Implement computer systems and modify existing applications based on users' needs and business requirements.
• See to the smooth running and maintenance of applications and systems, in cooperation with contractors.
• Ensure that Excel 2016 Macros are optimized for best performance for Traders
• Completed three-year College diploma or academic equivalent in a related field, and minimum three years of relevant experience
• Experience supporting a large organization (600+ computers)
• Excellent communication & training skills
• Excellent leadership qualities
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows 8.1, Windows 10
• Excellent knowledge of Office 365 collaboration tools
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel macros and visual basic applications
• Experience supporting Financial Markets departments is a plus
• Experience with Active Directory, Exchange, SCCM
• Excellent ability to prioritize work depending on severity
• Very strong sense of urgency is a must
• Experience supporting trading applications (Bloomberg, Reuters, Thomson Products, other…) is a plus
• Ability to work in a stressful environment
• Must be able to work as part of a team and also independently
• Fully bilingual is plus, must be able to speak and communicate in both French and English