Job Title :
Senior Millwright – Night shift – Brantford – $38/hr
Start Date :
Senior Millwright – Night shift – Brantford
Our client is leading food manufacturing in Brantford is looking for Millwright – night shift. Preferably someone has food or pharmaceutical experience.
Salary : $38/hr depends on your previous experience
Shift : Night shift (7:30pm to 7:30am, Monday to Thursday)
Millwright license 443A is an asset
Please send resume with a subject line” Senior Millwright – Night shift – Brantford” to email@example.com
Position Overview: Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Millwright position is responsible for electrical and mechanical technical expertise to the Brantford Operations Team. The Millwright will play a key role in the implementation of capital projects, and will work closely with the operations team to make the Brantford plant as efficient has possible. With a strong focus on continuous improvement the Millwright troubleshoot all types of equipment issues and identifies and implements corrective actions including equipment & control changes to maximize output and efficiency.
Coverage in case of Absence: As this is a small and efficient maintenance team, other maintenance technicians will provide coverage during vacation periods. In turn, this role is also responsible for covering the vacation of other maintenance team members as well.
· Assisting with the development, implementation and execution of center line parameters for packaging changeovers set-up and changeovers to maximize line uptime and efficiency
· Quick diagnoses of mechanical, electrical and control problems and subsequent implementation of innovative solutions to address the real root cause of issues
· Assist with the set-up and implementation of the plant preventive maintenance system. Work closely with equipment suppliers to make sure we have the right procedures in place and appropriate parts to execute PM’s on time
· Full integration of all plant, quality, safety and security policies and guidelines into all day to day activities on the job
· Demonstrated technical leadership in mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, with a strong working knowledge of electrical systems
· Detailed communication with preceding and proceeding shifts in order to learn from issues, course correct and achieve the highest efficiency possible
· Carry out breakdown maintenance with an aim to eliminate the root cause
· Perform maintenance tasks as identified and scheduled by the plant preventative maintenance schedule.
· Training others as required and other duties as assigned
· Certified Industrial Millwright designation (433A) required
· Read and interpret P&ID’s, control schematics, electrical drawings and mechanical drawings for plant equipment & processes
· Strong team player with aptitude for continuous improvement
· A sincere commitment to following all plant safety and quality procedures
· Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and general housekeeping. A leader in keeping the shop clean and organized
· Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors as a Quality Focused, Service Oriented Team Player.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Finding information and significant use of memory
Reporting of any Food Safety or Quality Problems:
Staff are to report any food safety or food quality problems or concerns that they become aware of to personnel with authority to initiate action.