Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Genesis Advanced Technology is a R&D company that strives to make the world a better place through inventive mechanical design.
The technologies developed out of the company’s headquarters in British Columbia, are set to disrupt a broad range of sectors including: clean energy, automotive, aerospace, oil and gas, medical, industrial automation and robotics. Excellence in design and function are made possible by the company’s commitment to culture. Every member of the GAT team implements the company’s five values into their work and daily interactions: excellence, collaboration, humility, respect, and integrity. Our growing team is currently made up of individuals with diverse skillsets, and after the successful transaction of Genesis Robotics and its LiveDrive technology in early 2018, the team at GAT is now focused on continuing to invent and develop new technologies that will change industries and lives for generations to come.
See more at our website: www.genesisadvancedtechnology.com and on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-advanced-technology/
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to contribute towards our effective design team. Designs will be prepared for rapid manufacturing and assembly by Genesis’ in-house machine shop team or one of its close outsourced relationships. As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will work along-side our design team that includes the CTO.
– Work with CTO to develop new inventions, processes, and methodologies.
– Work within the design organizational sphere to ensure conceptual ideas are feasible, while still supporting and stretching what is possible.
– Perform critical design analyses including intuitive insights, calculations, simulations, trend analysis, and early identification of cause/effect relationships between materials.
– Ensure analysis progresses in accordance with company goals.
– Interact with other team leads during design phase to ensure proof of concept prototypes are feasible, can be manufactured using Genesis’ in-house machine shop, and have a clear route to mass-production.
– Generate Solidworks CAD models of new concepts.
– Simulate static and dynamic structural, thermal, and fluid flow performance.
– Craft design packages for products/prototypes spanning diverse industries.
– Review design work from other team members.
– Communicate effectively and regularly with design team.
– Use creative problem solving skills to deliver design objectives in a timely manner.
Experience And Qualifications:
– Preference given to those with a bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering. Preferably in Mechanical Engineering
– Strong understanding and experience in thermodynamics, gas behavior and compressible flow preferred.
– Experience with compressor, engine or pump design preferred.
– Preference will be given to those with experience working in R&D environments.
– Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
– Must have strong experience in understanding and working with conceptual or visual ideas and converting them into Solidworks CAD models for successful operation.
– 8 years experience minimum with Solidworks generating design models and manufacturing drawings and running FEA simulations.
– Strong knowledge of materials, thermal effects, sealing methods, wear and fatigue, tolerances, mechanical dynamics, and complicated assembly dynamics.
– Experience in Solidworks with equation-driven curves, multi body parts, and externally defined variables and equations shared between multiple parts.
– Ability to design from scratch with all components being completely custom.
– Creative approach to problem solving and solution optimization.
– Track record for successfully thinking outside-the-box.
– P.Eng preferred but not mandatory.
– 3 years of experience in product design in an industrial or technology setting.
– Breadth of experience in multiple industries.
– Experience collaborating with diverse, highly effective teams.
– Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced R&D environment.
– Must have strong knowledge of and experience with Solidworks Simulation software.
– Experience in MATLAB/Octave preferred but not required.
– Experience with compressor, engine, or pump design preferred.
Successful candidates will be contacted and may be asked to submit an online one-way video interview