Requisition ID: 95822
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
The Senior Manager, Recovery and Resolution Planning – Testing has responsibility to assist with the Bank’s recovery plan testing activities and the Bank’s resolution plan testing activities, including designing, updating, enhancement and execution of the respective testing programs.
The Senior Manager, Recovery and Resolution Planning – Testing will work closely with the Director Resolution Recovery Planning – Recovery and Director Resolution Recovery Planning – Resolution to ensure that the Bank satisfactorily meets highly demanding regulatory complexities and expectations in both areas of recovery and resolution plan testing.
- Assist with the design, updating, enhancement and execution of the Bank’s testing programs for the Recovery Plan and the Resolution Plan, in accordance with evolving and complex regulatory requirements and in accordance with OSFI and CDIC’s overall timelines and project deliverables.
- Help oversee the maintenance of robust documentation on the testing programs, including an inventory of tests, and their respective owners.
- Provide effective relationship management of, and response to, all requests for information relating to Recovery and Resolution Plan testing programs from internal and external parties, as appropriate, including interpretation of regulatory guidance from numerous global regulatory authorities, plus clarification of existing policies and processes.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices as well as industry discussion papers on recovery and resolution plan testing advancements.
- Provide guidance, templates, share best practices knowledge and provide formal advice and counsel to international subsidiaries in the creation and updates of their own recovery and resolution plan testing programs.
- Assist in the production of the annual recovery plan and resolution plans and testing program reports as appropriate on an efficient and effective basis, and monitor the progress of action items arising from learnings in the tests covered under the testing programs. Also, assist with strategic analyses and executive summaries as may be required by the executive management.
- The incumbent must possess good verbal and written communication skills with an abilty to distill complex ideas in a concise manner. The incumbent should also have fundamental knowledge about the Recovery Plan and the Resolution Plan. In addition, given the high level of integration of Recovery and Resolution disciplines, the incumbent must have an ability to work collaboratively and ensure effective communication and coordination of roles and responsibilities that may not always be clearly defined.
- The ability to help with managing change, thinking creatively/strategically, understanding the Bank from a holistic perspective, and assist with providing guidance to internal clients is vital. The position requires strong interpersonal skills, a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Strong relationship building and project management skills are highly desired.
- The incumbent is highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel tools.
- Must have a breadth of business experience, usually through 3+ or more years in the financial services sector, within different areas within the Bank, along with technical credentials (MBA/CFA).
- Must have experience in stakeholder management along with risk management, finance, treasury or information systems.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Risk Management, Finance, Technology, Legal