Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with business owners and executives on their acquisition and divestiture process? Read more below about joining our group of dedicated M&A professionals!
At Deloitte we value the opportunity to network and build relationships with skilled individuals, even in periods where we are not actively hiring. If you are interested in this role and have the required qualifications, please apply we would love to hear from you!
What will your typical day look like?
You will co-coordinate financial due diligence and provide other M&A transaction support to our clients. In addition, candidates will be expected to work as part of full service Deloitte diligence team, liaising and building relationships with financial advisors/investment banks, legal advisors, corporate lenders, investors and other stakeholders on an agreed scope of work. This includes:
• Taking a lead role in delivering advisory services to high growth organizations with a diverse team
• Create long term relationships at a senior client level
• Quickly developing an understanding of the target business and its drivers
• Interpretation and analysis of information memoranda, business plans, publicly available information on the target business
• Identify and lead business development opportunities
• Achieve expertise in an industry specialization
• Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential
• Create a learning environment through leadership
• Review and analysis of historical trading, quality of earnings, cash flow, working capital, net debt, capital expenditure, forecasts and underlying assumptions
• Review of the adequacy of financing structure including review of agreements and consideration of limits, terms and covenants
• Evaluation of potential synergies and post-merger integration considerations
• Involved in negotiations
• Verbally present findings and observations to senior management as the transaction progresses
• Reporting of potential key issues for our clients including identification of risk or price factors impacting investment decisions
About the team
The Transaction Services team is a collaborative group that creates value for clients undergoing a merger, acquisition or divestiture. Our team supports our clients in all stages of the M&A lifecycle through our One-Deloitte approach. We engage on deals of all sizes in in diverse industries. The team has successfully closed deals ranging from $5 million to $1 billion in value and served primarily mid-market private and public sector clients.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
• Completion of an undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
• Completion of a CPA/CA or other equivalent accounting designation is required
• A second designation is preferred like CBV and CFA
• 7+ years of applicable experience, with a minimum of 3 years of M&A Transaction Services experience in public practice
• Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership
• Experienced in business development and building a practice
• Ability to execute a client service plan on complex engagements and work closely with the Partners, in exceeding our client’s expectations while identifying and mitigating business risks associated with projects
• Strong external consulting or advisory experience
• Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Canadian travel required, occasional international travel. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.