Requisition ID: 94871
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Reporting into the Directors of Global Compliance Trade Surveillance (“GCTS”), the Senior Manager is responsible for the development and management of the GCTS program governance in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures, Service Level Agreements and enterprise standards.
- Maintaining deep knowledge & understanding of industry issues and practices, regulatory requirements and associated changes.
- Coordination of internal and external regulatory examinations and findings resolution monitoring / reporting.
- Engaging with trade surveillance professionals to understand the regulatory requirements and leverage subject matter expertise when creating and/or updating procedures aligned with enterprise standards, applicable industry regulations and reflective of rule changes from various regulatory bodies.
- Lead the risk assessment of existing procedures and manage the ongoing update of procedures in accordance with the results of the risk assessments.
- Supporting the overall design and implementation of enhancements to the GCTS program including updates to governance processes and execution on elements of projects to enhance the program leveraging industry best practices.
- Driving the development and delivery of communication and socialization strategy of new procedures and related training including review of program training materials and global training strategy to ensure alignment with enterprise standards.
- Support development and implementation of internal communication strategies and reporting to help the team achieve its business objectives.
- Developing KRIs and KPIs to monitor the effectiveness of the GCTS program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience building procedures, standards and methodology governance is required.
- Post-Secondary education and/or professional designations
- Securities licenses, Canadian Securities Course, Conduct and Practices Handbook Course, and/or the Trader Training Course or equivalent preferred but not required
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related experience at a financial institution and/or regulated securities dealer
- Able to work independently and with other staff across functional lines within the Bank
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements
- Identify external market activity, news and additional factors that may influence trading activities
- A comprehensive understanding of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) dealer rules and Universal Market Integrity Rules, Montreal Exchange Rules, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) rules, as well as a sound understanding of Canadian provincial securities legislation applicable to trading activities and capital markets, Dodd-Frank Act, Volcker Rule and MiFID II or MAR is preferred but not required.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Segment: Compliance, Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Legal, Finance, Technology