The Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal (WSIAT) is a highly specialized adjudicative tribunal that hears appeals of final decisions of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board. The WSIAT is currently seeking a highly motivated, experienced IT professional to join the IT Services team as a Senior Information Systems Analyst. In this role you will provide technical leadership and support for the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of the Tribunal’s IT infrastructure, and provide support services to end users in the operation and use of computer hardware, software and peripherals. The salary range for this position is $1337.17 to $1708.99 per week.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Working under the direction of the Systems Department Manager, and working collaboratively with a small, collegial group of Systems Officers, the Senior Information System Analyst you will:
• Apply technical skills to ensure high level of service, high degree of availability and high level of security of the IT infrastructure.
• Support digital modernization and IT transformation initiatives
• Expand, develop, and implement innovative solutions to IT infrastructure operational problems and issues.
• Communicate technical solutions effectively to end users and provide training if needed based on the solutions being provided.
• Provide exceptional data recovery and restoration services.
• Test and evaluate servers, network and communications equipment, desktop computers, laptops, peripherals and software to meet new or existing end user, operational, business or security requirements.
• Diagnose and resolve IT infrastructure operational problems and issues with efficiency and precision.
• Provide a high level of effective technical input to assist management in the IT acquisitions planning processes.
• Develop and implement innovative solutions to a variety of complex and multi-faceted problems by integrating concepts, advice, standards and procedures from numerous and broad ranging sources.
• Establish, develop, and maintain operational policies, procedures and standards relating to: desktop computer, laptop and server images; operating systems, application software, and network and communications configurations; user profile and access scopes and privileges; network, Intranet and Internet use and security; and data system back-ups and security, in accordance with OPS IT policies and directives.
• Lead in the establishment, development, enhancement, and documentation of technical and operational practices, techniques and tools that support the implementation and maintenance of hardware and software configurations networks, Intranet site, Internet and remote dial-in access connections, services and security.
• Carry out in depth research to determine and/or recommend courses of action to resolve complex and/or multi-faceted IT problems or issues.
• Interact and partner with IT Service Providers and vendors to ensure effective ongoing delivery of their services (for example, regular contact with firm hosting the Tribunal’s public website and related data and databases).
• Plan, schedule, and administer individual and team projects as assigned with a high degree of accuracy in a timely and efficiency.
• Provide support for projects, plans and schedules of activities of the Information System Analysts and the technical Support Specialists at the Help Desk.
• Provide leadership and technical input to ensure and improve overall compliance with departmental procedures and protocols.
How do I qualify?
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Advanced knowledge and experience working with and supporting network, server and SAN based technologies, services and applications (including Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory Services, Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, SQL Server, IIS Server, Terminal Server, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops and Gateway, VMware ESXi Server and tools, Linux operating systems, Blackberry UEM, FaxCore Server, anti-malware, patching and backup software solutions Cisco networking, and Sonicwall firewall).
• Demonstrated expertise with Exchange 2016 and 2019, Office 365, and SharePoint 2019 migration; Expertise with Citrix XenApp 6.5 and Virtual Apps and Desktop 7.
• Expertise with the installation and support of Microsoft Teams, SCCM and cloud-based applications and services on the Azure platform.
• Experience performing incident triage, analysis, response, and remediation to server attacks, malware infections, and network intrusions.
• Experience designing and implementing Endpoint Protection solutions and a strong understanding of enterprise-level networking protocols, devices and architecture.
• Advanced knowledge and experience working with and supporting desktop computer technologies and a wide range of commonly used application software (MS Office Suite, MS Outlook/Exchange; Windows Desktop operating systems; Adobe Acrobat; Crystal Reports, VMware Workstation, etc.).
• Knowledge and experience working with and supporting Internet, Intranet and VPN/remote access, and security solutions.
• Knowledge and experience supporting and troubleshooting browser based applications.
• Knowledge of adult education and computer training methods and practices.
Communication, Interpersonal and Leadership Skills:
• Advanced interpersonal skills with the ability to service a diverse end user group and a strong ability to facilitate teamwork within the department.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills to assist in reporting requirements, and policy and procedures development.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate complex technical solutions to non-technical audiences.
• Advanced customer services skills with a demonstrated ability to listen, understand, interpret and resolve user requests for technical support.
• Advanced technical and team leadership skills to engage, oversee and mentor colleagues in all aspects of technical infrastructure projects.
Organizational and Analytical Skills:
• Advanced analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to accurately and efficiently diagnose and trouble shoot routine problems on end users’ systems.
• Proven ability to multi-task and set priorities in response to large volumes of end-user support inquiries and complete assigned projects.
• Ability to work independently and take accountability for quality of work.
• High-level of analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to take initiative and to provide creative solutions and resolve complex issues.
• Exceptional ability to plan and manage time effectively, prioritize appropriately, work independently and collaboratively as a team member, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Education and Experience:
• 3-5 years of progressive experience in similar roles
• Professional designation such as MCITP, CCNA , etc., or in progress is preferred but not required
Submit resume with cover letter, quoting file #WSIAT 04/21 to: Fax: 416-326-0115. Email: Human.Resources@wst.gov.on.ca.
Please select only one method to submit your resume with cover letter.
Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at Human.Resources@wst.gov.on.ca to provide your contact information. Recruitment staff will contact you within 48 hours. Remember: The deadline to apply is March 1, 2021 at 11:59 pm EDT.
Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted. The Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.