Our client, a leading EPCM with projects worldwide, is seeking a Senior HSE, Incident Investigation Specialist to join their team in Kitimat, BC. The role reports to the HSSE Programs Manager on-site.
Here is an exciting opportunity to join a megaproject in beautiful Kitimat, British Columbia. You will be working with a growing EPCM with projects worldwide and joining a talented group of professionals all working towards one goal. This position includes longevity a great work-life balance rotation of 14/7, and world-class accommodation.
– Be the go-to expert on all aspects of Incident Investigation;
– Provides the required expertise to improve the quality of incident investigations;
– Coach, train and mentor investigation teams and develop them to an internationally recognized standard;
– Review all reported incidents and determine the reporting level. Initiate notifications to the company and shareholders, and prepare Terms of Reference for Team Investigation/Board of Enquiry;
– Apply regulatory requirements to provide advanced scope recommendations to project management; assist in monitoring and controlling HSE standards, applicable laws and regulations; and design and review a project plan or schematic to confirm compliance with all governmental regulations and Company/client requirements;
– Developing competency skillsets for Root Cause Analysts, Lead Investigators and Investigation Team Members, and monitoring competency levels;
– Improving the quality and effectiveness of the incident investigation process by conducting Root Cause Analysis using cross-functional teams, creating a Lessons Learned database library, ensuring Lessons Learned are effectively communicated and shared throughout the organization and with other concerned parties;
– Providing expert advice to help the organization become a regional leader in the investigation arena;
– 10+ years of experience in the safety profession;
– Safety-related Degree/Diploma is required;
– CRSP certification is required;
– Extensive TapRooT experience required;
– Must be able to develop and prepare competency skillsets for Root Cause Analysts and lead Investigators;
– Able to facilitate team projects. Group interfaces and foster team building and development;
– Must be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
PLEASE NOTE: Only those eligible to work in Canada will be considered for this position and only those selected for interviews will be contacted. TRS is an equal opportunity company.
To apply for this position, please send your Word formatted resume to [email protected] Please include the job number and title of the position in the application subject line.
TRS Staffing Solutions Inc. specializes in supplying engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services personnel to a broad spectrum of industries worldwide.
TRS Staffing Solutions Group is equipped to meet the recruiting needs of candidates and employers across a range of industries and around the world. With more than 20 years’ experience, we have the resources and the know-how to find skilled staff at short notice for the most complex and large- scale projects.
We cover multiple industry sectors in the US & Canada including; Energy (oil & gas) & Chemicals; Power (fossil & nuclear) & Renewables (wind, solar, wave, hydro); Manufacturing & Life Sciences; Aerospace & Automotive; Mining & Metals; Infrastructure Road & Rail; IT & Telecoms and the Public Sector.