* Prepare and enter the journal entries in order to maintain the general ledger for the Funds and related entities as assigned.
* Perform quarterly reconciliations and analysis of all accruals.
* Review and approve work of Fund Accountants.
* Research, recommend and apply changes in the Funds’ and related entities accounting policies.
* Liaise with the external auditors.
* Perform daily bank reconciliations and reporting for the Funds and related entities.
* Process and monitor the timely and accurate receipt of debt collections and derivative settlements.
* Perform cash flow analysis, forecasting, budgeting and administer debt rollover, credit facility and hedge settlement notices.
* Administer bank wiring instructions and be a point of contact for banking relations.
* Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements, including note disclosure, for the Funds and related entities in Canadian GAAP.
* Prepare quarterly capital account statements for investors.
* Assist in the preparation of working papers to facilitate the Funds’ and other entities compliance reporting (e.g. GST/HST, Income Tax, FATCA, CRS, AIFMD, KYC etc.).
* Assist in the preparation and presentation of ad hoc and routine quarterly reporting for internal and external parties.
* Prepare Fund capital call and distribution notices.
* Assist with Fund Accounting related Investor Relations requests.
* Assist in the preparation of Board package materials.
* Review Fund and Corporate invoices, expense allocations and ensure proper period end cut-off.
* Prepare financial analysis of quarterly and annual performance reporting for deals and entities.
* Prepare monthly Borrowing Base Certificates, quarterly Compliance Certificates and other administrative duties related to the Funds’ credit facility.
* Maintain a working knowledge of current accounting principles and developing issues that affect investment partnerships and advising management on their proper application.
* Ensure the Funds’ and related entities ongoing compliance with Partnership/Shareholder agreements, regulatory requirements and other legal agreements and internal policies.
* Assist with the preparation of performance reports.
* Train, mentor and oversee work of junior staff.
* Assist with performance assessments of junior staff.
* Identify opportunities and support initiatives of others to further evolve processes to strengthen controls, eliminate inefficiencies and improve scalability.
* Organize Department workflow and lead special projects as assigned.
* Assist fellow Finance/Operations team members with routine duties and projects as necessary.MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class otherwise protected under applicable human rights legislation. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled and all other qualified applicants
* An undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting.
* Professional Designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA, CFA).
* At least 3 years Fund Accounting experience, Private Equity experience preferred.
* Knowledge of accounting principles and reporting under Canadian GAAP or IFRS.
* Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency with a high level of aptitude for a wide range of computer applications.
* Experience in managing accounting and reporting functions with daily and monthly deliverables.
* Experience in managing and reviewing deliverables for financial reporting.
* Strong capital markets knowledge with sound understanding of financial instruments including derivatives.
* Working knowledge of investment and fund accounting systems (e.g. Sage, Allvue) an asset.
* Proven track record of initiating and implementing process improvement initiatives.
Our client is a leading, Toronto-based investment management firm providing capital to middle market companies across North America. This growing firm has plans to expand its investor base globally, and reflects a strong entrepreneurial & professional culture.
The position is located in Toronto and offers a highly competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
The chance to join a rapidly-growing firm with a significant performance-based bonus structure.
Medical & dental; company phone