Are you an experienced Full Stack Engineer looking for new challenges? Do you get excited about learning new technology and jumping in to mentor others? Does the idea of joining a rapidly growing tech company excite you? If this sounds like you, read on!
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will work closely with our engineering, product management and product design team to help translate business requirements and specifications into delivered platform features. You will work across our application stack to ensure business milestones are met while also investigating, assessing and fixing defects within the product. As a passionate Full Stack Engineer, you'll stay up to date with the latest trends and technologies in software in order to ensure that best practices for quality software development and testing methodologies are followed. You’ll also be a source of mentorship and will help to support the growth and development of other team members.
In this role, you will:
- Assist in effectively diagnosing and troubleshooting problems with the product
- Participate in our agile development process to design and implement features
- Participate in architectural design, review, and implementation of production-quality features
- Participate in effort and complexity estimation for new/proposed product features and tasks
- Lead medium-large feature projects from conception to completion, working with stakeholders to identify project risks and recommend mitigating solutions
- Mentor junior engineers and perform code reviews
- Conduct new technology research; bring fresh ideas and concepts to bear on product development
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 5+ years of experience working in a full stack development role
- Have at least 1+ year of experience working remotely for a SaaS/tech company
- Have experience with CSS processors such as PostCSS, Sass, or Less
- Showcase the ability to design and implement RESTful services
- Demonstrate hands-on experience working on web-based, MVC style software applications
- Believe that writing tests as a part of a feature is not just nice to have, but necessary
- Be knowledgeable using Git and related tools like GitHub, GitLab, etc
- Have experience with relational databases, SQL and engines like PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Have experience with web application architecture and web server technologies like Apache, Nginx, IIS, etc.
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow-you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Are responsible and are willing to take on tasks and see them through to completion
- Read our How we build at Thinkific blog and are excited about how we work, Blue Sky Week and the challenges we are solving for our customers
- Have smart, strategic decision making abilities-you think problems through and make strategic choices with the best outcome
- Have advanced knowledge of modern server-side programming languages (Ruby, Python, Node, etc.)
- Are knowledgeable and experienced with modern web frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Django, ASP.NET MVC, etc.)
Bonus points if you:
- Feel experienced and knowledgeable with relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Have advanced knowledge of and experience in data modeling
- Identify as having extensive knowledge and experience with cloud-based server infrastructures, particularly AWS
- Worked for a B2B or SaaS based startup previously
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work-each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career-offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture-we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely-join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific-you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work-we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are-we can't wait to meet you!