Q4’s objectives are simple. Hire smart, diverse and capable people to build the best platforms possible and provide exceptional client experiences.
We’ve been revolutionizing the Investor Relations space, connecting over 2,300 public companies including Nike, Amazon, Shopify & Apple with investors using our cloud-based full-stack IR solutions for the past 14 years.
If you’re looking for a career opportunity with a fast-growing tech company and a ‘get it done’ attitude then we want to hear from you.
Q4 is a team of creators, builders, and disrupters who specialize in solutions for investor relations. We develop products that are constantly evolving, solving problems, and pushing the boundaries of what technology can do for capital markets. Our products are built from scratch and leverage the strengths of every developer and team member at Q4.
Who you are.
As a Senior Frontend Developer, you will be working with product management and a team of developers to develop products with rich user experience and interface. You will be responsible for creating a unique and elegant interaction between users and our applications across all platforms. A successful Senior Frontend Developer must have demonstrable experience in translating business and user requirements into elegant and reusable elements that will delight our users.
What you will do:
- Build high quality, performant, scalable and maintainable front-end applications
- Regularly collaborate with designers, developers, and product owners in order to avail interactive and scalable front-end applications. Then further collaborate with the UX designers for the purpose of designing and implementing application experience
- Work closely with full-stack/backend developers in building features and efficiencies for the realization of the anticipated end product
- Oversee the development of the company’s applications and will be in charge of the latest processes and technology in order to build scalable, distributed, and fault-tolerant front-end applications.
- Provide technical leadership and documentation to senior engineering leadership and key stakeholders, continuously informing them on progress and important details of projects at key phases of application development.
- Participate in the daily scrum and sprint planning.
- Analyze and ensure the technical feasibility of proposed application designs.
- Mentor and coach others, providing technical guidance and helping build an environment of knowledge-sharing and encouraged feedback
- Comfortable leading technical design discussions and facilitating technical decision making.
- 7+ years experience in hand-coded, standards-compliant HTML5, CSS and JS
- 3+ years production experience with modern client-side web frameworks such as React, AngularJS with Typescript
- Deep knowledge of programming best practices, software design patterns and industry standards like SOLID principles
- Ability to create responsive UI components for high-performance and scalability
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS/LESS
- Experience with backend data / API integration using JSON and RESTful web services
- Hands-on experience building websites using responsive design
- Experience with Node workflow/build systems (webpack, npm, etc…), $ and a working knowledge of REST and JSON
- Good knowledge of front end unit testing frameworks and experience with their implementation
- Knowledge of the Agile methodology including sprints, SCRUMS and test-driven development
- You are curious by nature and not afraid to ask “why”. You don’t stop digging till you find out why your code worked (or didn’t work)
- You have the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies through training, self-advancement, and collaboration with peers
Nice to have:
- Backend development using Node.js
- Experience with databases including MongoDB, PostgreSQL etc.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to investigate software related issues and general problem solver
- Highly logical
- Highly self-motivated
- Proven analytical problem solving abilities
- Ability to effectively organize and perform tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Emphasize on quality, process, and iterative improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent mix of education and experience
We are motivated by solving complex problems in unorthodox ways. Emphasis on your well-being means you experience your true potential. We offer a variety of benefits to ensure you can always work hard and have fun:
– 360 Support. Leverage our lifestyle benefit and employee assistance program to spruce up your workspace, invest in personal wellness or simply spoil yourself!
– Unlimited paid time off and flexible working hours. Rest is important. Enough said.
– Flexible working environment. Choose your home, one of our trendy offices or mix it up.
– Generous health and lifestyle benefits. You are in charge of your benefit dollars.
– Virtual team building and socials. Keeping people connected is important.
Invest in your development. We’ll help you with your tuition.
Q4’s diverse culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Q4 employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact. With great reasons to work here, take advantage by submitting your application to join our growing team.
Q4 values diversity and people of all backgrounds and abilities. Should you require any accommodations prior to or during the interview process, please indicate this during the interview process.