Do you want to be part of a team that's building applications and services that will revolutionize the management experience in millions of apartments worldwide? Do you want to help to shape the future of real estate property management as well as communication? Do you want to be part of a team with a startup and a hackathon culture?
Building Stack is an online residential property management platform designed from the ground up to be intuitive and easy to use. Our goals are big and impactful and the work is fun and rewarding. We are looking for smart, passionate engineers to take up new challenges.
As a Senior Front-End Developer, you will be responsible for all front-end architecture/implementation, and be a key player across all areas of the engineering life cycle, including eliciting requirements from customers, defining the feature with UI designers and product managers, building the experience by writing the code, shipping it with quality and on time, and sustaining it through its maturity. The candidate should have strong communication skills, both written and verbal. We also expect the candidate to display a bias for action in implementing new disruptive ideas, show a desire to make our team better, and to learn and adapt quickly.
The project is built using the following technical architecture:
- ReactJS / Redux
- CSS / HTML
- Build modern front-end solution with best practices
- Build reusable front-end code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of proposed UI/UX designs
- Participate in stress tests, load tests, performance tests, making recommendations to improve performance and scalability
- Prepare software packages and documentation for deployment that adhere to the defined standard deployment policies
- Be highly responsive to critical production issues providing timely and effective solutions
- Collaborate and able to lead, help team members in the development lifecycle
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience in front-end web development
- Deep experience with front-end architecture, packing, best practices, dev process
- Up to date knowledge of current Web UI best practices and usability concepts
- Expert level (or at least) strong working knowledge of current HTML/CSS
- Extensive understanding of asynchronous AJAX processes, communication with back-end via WebAPI/json
- Extensive understanding of web security
- Extensive understanding of front-end routing
- Deep experience with DOM
- Knowledge of design patterns (MVC, Strategy, Factory, Singleton) and general design considerations
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) including the ability to distill technical details into human terms
- Previous development experience using SQL server
- Experience with Cloud like: Azure, AWS
Building Stack Perks
- Great group benefit plan: health & dental and more
- Located in trendy Westmount within Montreal, just steps away from public transit, shops and restaurants.
- Fully stocked kitchen: coffee, tea and sodastream, all day, everyday.
- Your starter pack includes dual monitors and sit-stand desk.
- Company activities: summer BBQs, bowling, group dinners and pizza lunches just to name a few!
Building Stack disrupts the status quo of property management with our all-in-one solution for the entire tenant lifecycle. The property management industry has been waiting for a company like Building Stack.
Now is the time to join our dynamic team as we are experiencing tremendous growth, focused on launching new products, partnerships, opportunities and as we scale our business to new verticals. The work is both fun and rewarding. We are looking for smart, passionate team members ready to take on new challenges.