Intermediate DevOps Developer
PURPOSE AND OBEJECTIVES
Do you want to help us build and launch our next generation cloud-based Analytics platform in a fast-paced startup culture that has the muscle and stability of SAP? Are you a passionate coder who wants an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading edge technologies for Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, SAP HANA (in Memory) and modern Visualization? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future.
This role is part of the SAP Analytics Cloud infrastructure team where we work with the latest cloud and networking technologies, such as Cloud Foundry / AWS / Azure / Docker / Kubernetes / Terraform / Ansible / Packer, SAML SSO, OAuth, Microservices etc. We contribute to SAP Analytics Cloud’s success by producing software, services and API’s that are robust, reliable and scalable. Come join us if you think you can thrive in such an environment, and you have the necessary skills and experience.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Because we work on the cutting edge, we need someone who is eager to learn, a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things to work and productive working independently or collaboratively. In your average week, you will:
• Collaboratively design new features in a team environment that extends to colleagues in remote locations and from Product Management and User Experience teams.
• Work closely with our engineering and operations team to build, integrate, test and deploy your amazing innovations and algorithms into our production systems.
• Assess new technology projects and tools or migrate our environment to new versions to keep up with the rapid pace of change.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
• Cloud Native development technologies and typically used software and architecture on Cloud platforms like AWS, Cloud Foundry, or Azure
• Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms and principles of OO design
• Understanding of databases and web application servers
• Ability to work well in a team as well as independently and have a positive self-motivated can-do attitude
Bonus if you have experience with:
• Infrastructure software tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and Packer
• CI/CD pipeline implementation using Jenkins
• Building containerized applications using Kubernetes, Docker
• Building software that must scale to thousands of users concurrently
• Developing RESTful APIs with modern technologies such as NodeJS
• Working knowledge of Scrum, Test Driven Development, performance testing or data correctness/integrity testing
• Source control systems such as GIT
2-4 years of relevant work experience developing web applications (can include internship or co-op experience)
For a senior we generally add a few more years, experience and move a few of the bonus items into the must haves.