Ainger Cabling + Security has immediate openings for senior technicians in Ottawa
Commercial Security Technician provides on-site installation, cabling, service and maintenance of Commercial Burglar & Access Control Systems, IP Video & CCTV Systems and Intercom & Entry Telephone Systems
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Commercial Security Technician
- Perform routing and emergency service calls as set forth by the branch manager.
- Troubleshoots and identifies malfunctioning or inoperative equipment on alarm systems, CCTV or access control systems
- Performs preventative and routine maintenance, as needed on existing alarm systems
- Perform installation of cabling and security systems as per scope of work.
- Trains new users in operation of alarm system equipment.
- Must be able to drive company vehicle to perform duties.
- Maintain good driving record.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Experience with Access Control Systems.
- Experience with Burglar Alarm Systems.
- Experience with IP Video & CCTV Systems.
- Experience with Intercom & Entry Telephone Systems.
- Experience with Basic IP Networks.
- Experience with structured cabling
- Must have troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate power tools.
- Average to good computer skills
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work effectively with others or alone.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team and be flexible.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, delays or unexpected events; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- The employee is required to be available to work on weekends, holidays and after 5 p.m. as needed – including On Call.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two years related experience and/or training.
- Two years’ experience with various alarm systems and their operation or can demonstrate equivalent knowledge and skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Working at Heights Certificate
- WHMIS Certificate
- Security Background Check
- Elevated Platform Certificate (preferred but not essential)
We offer excellent wages, benefits and a company RSP program.
Ainger Cabling + Security was established in 1996 as Ainger Communications and is locally owned and operated in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Our service territory includes, but is not limited to, Eastern Ontario, Western Quebec, Toronto (GTA) and Barrie. Our customers include government, financial service companies, health care, retail outlets, restaurants, hospitals, property management companies and construction firms.
Ainger Cabling + Security is a proud member of Ottawa Construction Association, Quebec Construction Association, ASIS and Canadian Security Association.
Our sales, installation and service offerings include:
• Structured cable installation (Category 5E, Category 6 & 6A, Fibre Optic cable) for Networks, Paging, Point of Sale, Audio Visual, CATV, Closed Circuit Television, Intercom & Security
• Access Control & Intrusion Alarm Systems
• Alarm system monitoring
• Closed Circuit Television & IP Camera Systems
• Intercom & Enterphone Systems
• POS Network System Install & Service
Our certifications include:
• Panduit Cabling
• Hubbell Communications
• Ortronics Cabling
• Inaxsys ICT Security Systems
• Kantech Security Systems
• Paxton Security Systems
DSX Security Systems
• DSC Security Systems
Avigilon Camera Systems
• ContractorCheck Accredited
• Complyworks Accredited
• CCQ, BSP & ASP Certified to work in Quebec
For more information please visit us at ainger.ca