The Senior Carpenter is responsible for the fabrication, construction, and repair of structural woodwork and wood products by following engineered drawings, renderings, proposed scope, and oral instruction, while using carpentry tools and equipment. They are required manage and delegate site duties among crew members accordingly, as well as train and develop the skills and workmanship of their junior carpenters.
The Senior Carpenter must have good physical strength, solid hand-eye coordination, and strong endurance. They must have the ability to use the necessary power tools and maintain them in good, safe, working order. They must be able work independently, concentrate on daily tasks, and understand and communicate essential information to their Project Managers.
Any site deficiencies are the responsibility of the Senior Carpenter, therefore it is their responsibility to ensure all daily job site construction is completed with quality and care.
- The completion of all finish carpentry, including installing doors/windows, trim, fitting interior doors, wood and laminate flooring install
- Framing of floors, walls, rafter and truss roofs, and on-site trade and client management.
- Coordination of material and resource needs as well as the project schedule with the Operations and Project Manager
- Delegate duties and responsibilities among crew members
- Assess and ensure the quality of workmanship on site
- Collaborate with subcontractors, engineers, and any key team members involved in the project
- Evaluate risks and resolve any issues that may arise
- Interact and communicate with multiple people on site including clients, managers, and various trades
- Keep all stakeholders aware of the progress of projects and prepare progress logs with pictures daily
- Maintains established safety rules and a clean and organized work site
- Manage company tools and equipment
- Must be capable of reading and understanding drawings
- Must have a minimum of 8 years construction experience
- Must have a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role
- Experience with BuilderTrend is a plus
- Must have a valid 'G' Drivers License
Heartwood Renovations is an award winning, full-service general contracting company that prides itself in completing high-quality home renovation projects for our clients. We specialize in full home renovations, structural renovations and additions.
Heartwood Renovations is a young and growing company, offering competitive wages, in addition to a paid group benefit package. We are looking for an individual who is eager and excited about working for a young and growing company with a focus on quality and customer service, that can assist us in achieving our project goals.