Job Title :
Start Date :
We are looking for a Senior Accountant for a professional services firm located in Markham.
Salary range: 60K-70K plus bonus, benefits and commission on new business.
Full time, perm role
Description of the position:
– 50% review / 20% audit / 30% notice to reader and other engagements
– You will assume a high degree of responsibility within the firm by managing client relationships, engagement teams and financial performance of engagements
– You will plan and execute assurance and other files from start to finish using a risk based approach while working closely with both clients and reporting directly to partners
– You will mostly work independently, but will also have the opportunity to supervise, coach and review work performed by junior associates assigned to your engagement team
– You will be able to independently assess risk and address key issues and significant risks in the file with guidance from partners and managers
– You will be responsible for tax compliance including the preparation of corporate tax returns
Profile of the ideal candidate:
A Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), or a CPA, CA candidate who has passed all of their exams, with at least 3 years’ of professional experience in an assurance environment performing audit or review engagements. This person should be looking to continue focusing on assurance, but may be interested in greater breadth to their professional experience by adding elements of tax compliance and planning to their work. The emphasis is on the ability to provide superior client service and maintain excellent personal client relationships rather than business development.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
– Strong technical skills in auditing and accounting including a good working knowledge of Accounting standards for private enterprises (ASPE), Canadian Auditing Standards (CAS) and the CPA Canada Handbook
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Strong interpersonal skills with ability to liaise with senior client representatives
Annual salary to be negotiated based on relevant experience and additional qualifications.
How to apply:
Please send resume to ‘email@example.com’ with the subject ‘Senior Accountant_Markham’