At Amazon we continually look for opportunities to invent on behalf of our customers helping them to find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. To this end we are building a range of advertising products that enhance customer experience and are integrated with our core eCommerce platform. We have developed products that demonstrates Amazon’s strength as a world class eCommerce platform and have integrated advertising into the shopping experience from first discovery to purchase.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Senior Account Manager who is passionate about partnering with our advertisers, educating them and helping to solve ambiguous business problems, mitigating risks before they become roadblocks. As a Senior Account Manager, you are responsible for managing complex advertiser relationships and initiatives where you define the strategy and you set the standard for Account Management best practices. You’ll not only dive deep into data to understand trends, but also communicate the “why” behind results and make actionable recommendations to internal and external stakeholders. Additionally, you’ll be able to leverage Amazon’s proprietary data to provide strategic and personalized recommendations, influencing both your internal team and your external customer to facilitate them reaching their business goals. This role is highly collaborative, working with Creative, Sales, Product, and Retail partners and will drive process improvement to gain efficiency and foster collaboration. The Senior Account Manager’s strategic digital expertise and influence is considered critical to unlocking greater value and impact for our advertisers.
This role will serve as the strategic partner to the client, working backwards from the client’s advertising objectives, and delivering relevant recommendations to meet those goals. This role will be comfortable managing and growing client accounts, and able to use insights to tell a compelling story and will work seamlessly across all levels within client marketing teams and agencies to identify objectives and provide compelling relevant strategies that deliver.
You play a key role on the account team, growing the business by being the customer expert and developing strategic brand plans. You possess strong analytical abilities, translating data into insights. You will develop deep expertise in Amazon’s products and optimizing performance to derive insights and meet our advertisers’ needs. You also thrive in ambiguous situations, with the ability to be a self-starter and find solutions without guidance.
This is a client-facing role that is also responsible for identifying opportunities to drive incremental revenue and long-term growth. The Account Manager is an expert in delivering consultative solutions for our partners, earning their trust by educating them on how to be successful. You can also expect to work closely with the marketing and product teams on advertiser communication plans related to new feature launches and program changes.
• Help advertisers and their agencies be successful on Amazon’s advertising platforms by providing insights and unbiased recommendations across Amazon’s suite of products, based on the client’s advertising objectives.
• Manage a portfolio of advertisers using business analytics expertise to proactively identify and realize opportunities to increase revenue and performance. Support the development of these advertisers’ ongoing independent growth and success.
• Be a strong steward/advocate for the organization
• Pitch to clients at all levels, including C-level
• Maintain and develop the highest standards of client relations & engagement
• Have bias for action and collaborate with internal partner teams to deliver to client goals
• Work with planning teams and senior marketers at the client and agency on account planning, making recommendations for audience strategy
• Develop and run review meetings with senior client stakeholders, including QBRs and MBRs
• Identify new business opportunities and always strive to grow revenues
• Develop a deep understanding of your clients and their industries, and share specific insights and best practices
• Build campaign optimization proposals that are meaningful, compelling and relevant to advertisers
• Customize proposals outlining the benefits of advertising products such as Display and Search advertising, including bid/budget/targeting strategies to increase advertising revenue
• 6+ years of experience in digital advertising and client facing roles with a focus on data analysis
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience with annual brand planning and media planning
• Experience with digital advertising and client facing roles with a focus on data analysis
• Experience with annual brand planning and media planning
• Experience in digital advertising, product marketing, consulting, business development, and/or other customer facing roles
• Data analysis and data analytics & visualization experience
• Media planning & brand planning capabilities
• Success in optimizing products and services based on client needs
• Demonstrated success working with cross-functional teams and building strong relationships internally and externally
• Experience in Omni-channel marketing, display, over-the-top (OTT), or search marketing
• Adept at solving problems that span business and technology
• Influence process improvement that scales broadly; inventing and simplifying within existing processes
• Excellent organizational, relationship-building, and communication (written and verbal) skills
• Programmatic strategy and implementation experience
• Influence process improvement that scale broadly, inventing and simplifying within existing processes
• Understanding of digital media, ad serving, cross-channel attribution, and media math
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.