Role: Security Systems Lead Technician – Supervisor
Location: Windsor, ON (or) London, ON
Convergint Technologies is a global industry-leading organization that designs, installs, and services integrated building systems including electronic security, fire alarm, and life safety systems.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Security Systems Supervisor to join our Windsor, ON team. This role is responsible for maximizing customer satisfaction by effectively executing all Convergint Technologies commitments on Customer Service Programs (CSPs), time and material work, parts sales and other service duties.
The Supervisor coordinates with Project Managers for effective scheduling and organization of security technician activities to ensure that projects are executed within budget, on time, and with a high degree of customer satisfaction. This role is responsible for the effective management of resources, costs, safety, quality assurance and customer satisfaction for the delivery of security work – both service and project related.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Oversees all elements of service and quoted work orders along with CSP related work, including manpower scheduling, material procurement and/or cost control.
- Maintains good customer relations, includes prompt response to customer requests and maintaining frequent customer contact.
- May provide pricing, quoting, order processing directly with customers for service work.
- Works with Operations Coordination Team for effective delivery of customer service including scheduling of field technicians, approval of work order billings, as well as usage and reporting.
- In collaboration with Sales and CSP Coordinator, ensures timely contract renewal process is in place. Cultivates and maintains existing accounts and actively pursue new service and system expansion opportunities with existing service base.
- Effectively communicates service requirements to service team and wider organization as and when required and maintains accurate and up to date records of service work with respect to job status, job changes, material flow and other control records necessary for processing of internal and external reports.
- Coordinate with Project Managers for assignment and scheduling of technicians.
- Actively participate in internal pre-bid review meetings and project turnover meetings.
- Ensure processes and standards involving Technicians are properly implemented.
- Provide first level of technical support coordination for Security Technicians. Provide high level field support for urgent or troubled projects.
- Provide training and development planning and implementation for Security Technicians.
- Always acts as “our customer’s best service provider” thereby ensuring Convergint Technologies is the customer’s first choice for service.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of five years of previous security systems experience required.
- Minimum of two years of supervisory or technical lead experience
- Diploma in electronics considered an asset
- Depending on home location (e.g. London) may need to travel 50% of the time – not relevant if home location is Windsor
- Exceptional customer focus and ability to regularly work under pressure; consistent ability to maintain awareness of and seek to meet the needs and wants of the customer without being prompted.
- Strong financial analytical skills including cost control
- Strong team leadership, team building and facilitation skills
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Convergint Technologies LTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from candidates, regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all stages of the recruitment process.
- Competitive wages; Immediate comprehensive benefit plan (medical, dental, etc.); Employer contribution to RRSP; Work environment committed to safety; Reimbursement to support continuous learning
We have a great company culture, engage in Corporate Social Responsibility, work hard, and promote fun & laughter on a daily basis.
Kelly Services is an American office staffing company that operates globally. The company places employees at all levels in various sectors including the financial services, information technology, and law industries.