777 Bay Street, Suite 2200
Job Family Group:
Provides analysis and reporting services in support of businesses/groups and BMO overall. Builds relationships and liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities and recommends solutions to enable the organization to meet its goals. Analyzes data and creates documents and plans in service of informing, advising, or updating internal stakeholders. Ensures that requirements map to a real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meet essential quality standards. Participates or conducts user acceptance testing to ensure that changes made are in alignment with business requirements. Provides great customer service in support of the information security processes, applications and infrastructure.
- Works with internal stakeholders to validate their requirements via techniques such as reviews and walkthroughs.
- Facilitates discussions and follows a structured approach to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage requirements.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Collects, organizes, analyzes and disseminates significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Provides analytical support and insights.
- Filters and “cleans” data, and reviews reports and key performance indicators to locate and correct data issues.
- Performs documentation writing and maintenance of new and existing processes, procedures and requirements.
- Recommends approaches to streamline and integrate information security processes in the organization to improve overall efficiency.
- Remains alert to new information security technologies and threats that present risk to the enterprise and determines the best approach to mitigate these risks.
- Stays abreast of industry trends/risks related to information security, technology and business trends / risks through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Ensures consistent, high quality practices/work and the achievement of business results in alignment with business/group strategies and with productivity goals.
- Focus may be on a business/group.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically up to 2 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Business or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preference for candidates who have or are pursuing at least one certification in a related field, with strong preference for Information Security certifications from a well-recognized institution (e.g. (ISC)2, ISACA, SANS).
- Experience in information security, technology, business requirements gathering and reporting in a financial services setting.
- Data manipulation and analysis skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy – Good.
- Knowledge of Information Security processes, procedures and controls.
- Understanding of Information Security risk and regulatory requirements – Good.
- Understanding and problem solving ability of IS issues within their business group – Good.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.