Project until 2020
Monitor pipeline automation and control systems, along with ultrasonic flowmeters, smart pressure transmitters, flow and temperature transmitters, smart pressure and level switches, and any other field instrumentation that is relevant to automated pipeline monitoring. Requires 10+ years experience.
The Senior SCADA Applications Specialist provides support, as an important team member, in the delivery of SCADA related projects. The Specialist leverages their advanced experience with ICS projects, SCADA applications, databases, interfaces, scripting, and real-time critical control environments to successfully delivery timely and high-quality solutions and components.
• Reporting to the Project Manager, take responsibility for the completion of assigned tasks and deliverables within capital projects. This includes aspects of technical leadership such as leading technical teams or third-parties in their delivery.
• Identify, assess, and recommend solutions or improvements
• Lead and/or participate, as a senior resource, in the analysis, configuration, modifying, testing, implementation, documentation and training of system functionality
• Ensure data integrity, accuracy, security, and reliability of systems
• Design / modify SCADA displays and reports, keeping with industry best practices for control room management
• Ensure that standards and best practices in the delivery of the project components are followed
• Create schedules and plans and identify milestones in conjunction with the project requirements
• Undergraduate degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Automation/Instrumentation Technology, or related discipline.
• A minimum of 10 years of directly related work experience with a pipeline environment
• CygNet SCADA Application experience (minimum 10 years).
• Working knowledge of RTU, PLC and End Devices communication protocols (minimum 5 years).
• Working knowledge of SCADA IT infrastructure including network, workstations and servers (minimum 5 years).
• Proven ability with work management and management of changes processes (minimum 5 year+).
• Working knowledge Project execution and process workflow execution (minimum 10 years).
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise environment and the security architecture (minimum 5 years).
• Previous project experience delivering SCADA, HMI, and other ICS solutions.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Strong Microsoft Office skills using Word, Excel, Visio, and Outlook.
• Experience with Backup and Disaster and Recovery procedures.
• Working knowledge of VMware tools and virtual environments.
• Proven relationship development and management.
• Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent analytical, communications, and problems solving skills including root cause analysis.
• Excellent verbal and technical writing skills.
• Flexible and adaptable to change.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Strong network administration skills.
• Familiarity with OPC, MODBUS, and BSAP telemetry protocols.
• Proficiency in database administration
www.linkedin.com/in/neera-/ -I am Open to Connect.(TEXT in LinkedIn can review your profile real quick)
If you are not in job search please share this job opportunity to your friends/colleagues who is looking for similar role.