As a full time Sandwich Maker, you are responsible for preparing a variety of sandwiches, wraps, burgers daily. Prepare, cut, wrap pre-made sandwiches for customers or prepare fresh while operating sandwich/sub bar. This includes :
- Ensures consistent quality standards
- Ensures proper equipment operation and ensures proper safety and sanitation in kitchen according to FOOD SAFE protocol. Complies with and ensures food hygiene regulations are carried out accordance with Food Safety Act
- Slices cold meats and cheeses by hand or by machine
- Assist with cooking, mixing and seasoning ingredients to make dressing, fillings and spreads
- Prepare, set up, and operate a full sandwich/sub bar
- Incorporate into preparation any requests to comply with special dietary constraints
- Ensure groceries are utilized effectively
- Responsible to assist in the overall kitchen operations as well as cleaning and sanitizing designated kitchen areas, tools, equipment and pots and dishes
- Assist with unloading, loading and placing of groceries and supplies
- Assist Leadership in performing administrative tasks (i.e. maintaining Temperature logs, refrigerator and internal cooked foods, etc.) effectively and efficiently
- HN Workplace Health & Safety Initiatives – including the potential requirement to be a Fire Warden
- Perform other related duties as required
This position is safety sensitive, and as such will require pre-employment alcohol, drug and fitness to work testing as a condition of employment.
- Previous sandwich making experience
- 3 years of cooking experience in a similar or hotel/institutional environment preferred
- Advanced Food Safe preferred
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills and comprehension
- Good organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills; and superior initiative and attitude
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands and have a strong customer service focus
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability and desire to work independently with minimal supervision, and as a team player
Working rotation: The normal work rotation consists of 21 days on and 7 days off, with 10 hour work days.
Horizon North is a Calgary, Alberta based, publicly listed corporation (TSX: HNL.TO) providing a range of industrial services and modular construction solutions.
Our industrial division supplies workforce accommodations, camp management services, access solutions, relocatable structures, and maintenance and utilities services.
Our modular construction division produces high-quality building solutions for commercial and residential clients, including; offices, hotels, and retail buildings, as well as distinctive single detached homes and multi-family residential structures.
As a result of our well-diversified offering, Horizon North is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of our customers in numerous sectors, anywhere in Canada.