Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company, headquartered in Vancouver, BC and the proud owner of the Brucejack Gold Mine. Brucejack Mine is a 3,800 tonnes-per-day high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometres north of Stewart.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations – to provide employment.
About the Opportunity:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Sample Preparation Technician to join the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
The Sample Preparation Technician position is located at Pretium Exploration Inc.’s “Pretivm” Brucejack Mine and reports to the Senior Assayer or designate.
Job Purpose and Accountability:
The Sample Preparation Technician’s primary responsibility is to perform routine sorting, transferring, drying, crushing, splitting, pulverising and screening of geological and metallurgical materials in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and laboratory quality guidelines and procedures while supporting the day-today operations of the Assay Laboratory.
Perform the following duties with safety being the number one priority:
- Receive, unpack, sort, weigh, load and unload metallurgical and geological samples
- Login samples, prepare and print sample and reject labels
- Process ore samples by crushing, splitting, sieving and pulverizing and transferring pulverized materials into designated sample bags/ envelopes
- Perform sample disposal as needed
- Performing quality control tests on crushers and pulverizers as required and record all required data on the designate forms
- Assist with duties/tasks to meet lab production and processing deadlines and initiatives
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality
- Ensure that equipment is maintained in good order making the supervisor aware of any damaged or defective equipment or any equipment requiring adjustment (i.e. pulverising time or crushers gapping).
- Monitor consumables and supplies and liaise with Senior Assayer or designate to ensure that correct stock levels are maintained
- Keep all records and notebooks in good order including work order and equipment maintenance logs
- Practice good housekeeping and maintain clean and tidy work stations and areas
- Assist laboratory staff with routine day-to-day tasks
- Operate overhead crane, skidsteer, or pallet jack for movement of samples and supplies (training will be provided)
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all Pretivm, occupational, and laboratory safety procedures and requirements of SOPs
- Other duties as required
Successful completion of High School (GED) combined with one (1) year of relevant work experience in a mining, industrial or analytical environment. Post-secondary studies in geology or related discipline is advantageous.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Must be able to read English and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner
- Basic computer skills
- Familiar with handling and preparing routine mill, concentrate, and other high grade samples is an asset
- Previous sample preparation experience in a commercial lab is desired
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 14 days on / 12 days off rotation/2 days travelling
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12 hour shifts
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
- Able to work in close quarters with the team
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
What we can offer you:
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!