We are Northern Dock Systems the National leader in the installation, maintenance and repair of Overhead Door and Docking Systems. We are currently looking for an energetic Sales Manager for our Mississauga, head office. This individual's key objective will include overseeing and managing multiple territory managers and inside sales staff.
· Contributes to the preparation of the Annual Sales Plan, Budgets and objectives.
· Represents the Sales Department as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
· Prepares individual Sales forecasts and Gross Profit expectations.
· Identifies new opportunities in order to diversify the product service offering.
· Monitors the activity of competition and prepares annual Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats analysis.
· Formulates all sales policies, practices and procedures.
· Stewards Vendor negotiations and the approval process.
Human Capital Management
· Provides stable and rewarding equal opportunity employment to the Sales Team.
· Creates an atmosphere in which the Sales Team willingly produces at maximum capacity.
· Conducts weekly Goal Setting & Review meetings with all direct reports.
· Leads quarterly Sales Team Meetings that include Vendor Product Training.
· Contributes to the development of and maintains a Sales Training Program.
· Assists the General Manager in forecasting Human Capital requirements.
· Acts as the lead in all Sales Team employee relations.
· Through active leadership, coaching and performance management monitors. Employee engagement and output to ensure the Company’s Total Revenue and Gross Profit expectations are met and/or exceeded.
· Provides daily mentoring to ensure the skills development of the Sales Team.
· Ensures that the Sales Team provides a high level of attention and customer service on a timely basis to their complete customer account base.
· Develops list, floor and ceiling price and provides quotation price analysis and approval including bid strategy.
· Performs an annual review of customer profitability as part of the renewal process.
· Assigns all new business opportunities.
· Ensures vendor and client file integrity in Microsoft NAV.
· Ensures the development and documentation of formal sales process to increase salesperson efficiency.
Position: Sales Manager
Manager: Vice President
Work hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
· Completed post-secondary education.
· 7-10 years of sales experience.
· 3-5 years of sales management experience.
· Experience with technical sales is an asset or a personal passion for technical tools.
· Experience leading a team of 6-12 sales professionals.
· Ability to lead others in an accountable, supportive and motivating fashion.
· Ability to communicate effectively through various channels (i.e. verbal, email, presentations, relationship building).
· Capable of effectively contributing to the senior leadership team of the organization and looking at business challenges through different perspectives.
· Ability to travel within Ontario to support sales team.
· Experience with Microsoft NAV or other CRM’s tools is an asset.
Key Performance Indicators
1. Gross Revenue
2. Gross Margin
3. Job Profitability
4. Expense Management
5. Sales Team Culture
6. Sales Team Turnover
7. Sales Team Training & Development
8. New Business Development
9. Current Business Development
10. Customer Renewal and Retention
• Competitive base salary.
• Health and dental benefits.
• Employee wellness program.
If you are interested in this Sales Manager position please, send us your resume and you will be contacted directly.
Contact name: Aaron Gonsalves
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
Northern Docks Systems is an industry leader in the sales and service of industrial energy-efficient products with dedicated departments geared towards developing strategic and customized full-scale solutions to enhance safety, productivity, and efficiency for our customers across a wide variety of industries.
We’re also proud to have been recognized as one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by PROFIT 500 and a leading energy saving provider by Ontario's two largest natural gas utility providers.