Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
– Reports directly to the Boatswain who reports to the Chief Officer
– Does tendering duties when requested
– Does deck maintenance duties
– Does extra Security duties when required, ie gangway duties, helping on QM’s on the pontoon
– Night Rounds when required
– Assist the Technical Department with tank cleaning when required
– Assists in the cleaning of galley ducts every month
– Assists in the cleaning of lift shafts every month
– Work aloft in mast and rigging
– STCW Training- 4th Part Basic Training;
– Nav Watch Rating – II/4
– Valid Seafarers Medical
– Must pass a security background check
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel to the ships and extended stay up to 6 months on board is required. Regularly required to sit and stand. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision. Some stress may occur, especially during traveling periods and during periods of daily activities.