Do you have a passion for nursing? Are you a Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse with training and experience in Mental Health and Substance Use? We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse with a real dedication for delivering compassionate care to join our Older Adult Services at Arbutus Place, Langley, BC.
Fraser Health is one of Canada’s largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people – over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities – all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, collaboration and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it’s our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
– Coordinating and providing the delivery of psychiatric nursing care services to patients experiencing serious mental health and bio-psychosocial problems
– Working collaboratively and in partnership with the interprofessional care team
– Facilitating individual and group treatment
– Providing crisis intervention, patient and family education and health promotion activities from a psychosocial rehabilitation (PSR) perspective
– Participating in quality improvement activities and research
– Communicating and consulting with members of the health care team about clients’ care
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
– Graduation from an approved School of Nursing
– Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
– One (1) year recent related mental health experience in an acute, tertiary or community setting
– May require completion of substance use certificate program
– May require Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
This role is a tempoary full-time position located at Highland Lodge in Langley, BC. Langley is comprised of the City of Langley and the Township of Langley, including the village of Fort Langley – the birthplace of BC. They have led to preserve their small town atmosphere while still offering all the amenities of a major bustling urban centre and a range of housing options from small farms to apartments.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Are you looking to transform your practice to a new level and join a team and an organization that prides itself on building an excellent work place? You can join our dedicated team in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment.
Does this sound like the perfect role for you? Apply today and take the next step in your career so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.