Job Posting #855161
Research Analyst II
Site: Toronto General Hospital Research Institute
Department: Centre for Global eHealth Innovation
Reports To: Research Lead
Hourly Range: $28.81 to $36.01 per hour (Commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN Compensation Policy)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Status: Temporary Full-time (1 year)
University Health Network (UHN)
is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of
Research Analyst II
in our Centre for Global eHealth Innovation.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where above all else the needs of patients come first, encompasses
Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN . The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
Find out about our purpose, values and principles here .
Our mission at eHealth Innovation is to revolutionize healthcare delivery by creating new models of care that are digitally mediated, patient centred, and evidences based. We work tirelessly with whip-smart local and international minds from multidisciplinary areas like, design, technology, and health sciences, to transform health systems around the globe.
Embedded within Toronto General Hospital, we are a part of one of the largest medical research centres in North America and have unparalleled access to insights from those who use our healthcare system the most – patients and their clinicians. To date, our work is focused on improving the lives of those impacted by diabetes, heart failure, respiratory illness, chronic pain, juvenile arthritis, and prostate cancer.
Being in a research environment, we are able to concentrate on this goal without being distracted by short term profit motives. Every member of our tightly knit team has the opportunity to influence every stage of project, ranging from conceptualization through to implementation.
As an integral member of the eHealth Innovation research team, your core responsibilities are:
• Applies fundamental knowledge of research principles and practice to data collection, storage and organization, management, analysis and interpretation
• Providing end-to-end research support for a variety of studies on a range of digital health products
• Conducting literature reviews and needs assessments
• Recruiting and consenting study participants to join research projects and supporting them through the process
• Autonomously supporting data collection activities; including administering data collection forms and conducting qualitative study activities (e.g. qualitative interviews)
• Able to perform mid-level data analysis and coordinate collection across multiple sites/ project lines, as required
• Interacts with participants, including patients and caregivers, to facilitate the completion of research activities per protocol
• Able to organize, plan and facilitate complex research activities and coordinate necessary data flow, both internally and externally, including collaborators from other sites
• Measuring and communicating study status and risks throughout the research lifecycle
• Assisting in writing grant proposals, drafting program reports, conducting statistical analyses, submitting research ethics board applications, and coordinating projects
• Building and fostering relationships with internal and external research stakeholders to set goals, communicate expectations, and identify new opportunities
• Performing cross-functional duties as assigned or requested, and performing other duties consistent with the job classification as required
• At minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a health-related field (e.g. health sciences, biomedical sciences, engineering, psychology, health policy, nursing, occupational therapy); Master’s Degree preferred
• At minimum, 3 years of related experience in a research environment; preferably as an integral part of a research team in an analyst or coordinator capacity
• Experience supporting health research projects from initial grant application through to manuscript preparation for publication preferred
• Ability to be resourceful, learn quickly, change directions, and navigate complex decision making in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
• Attention to detail, organized, and thorough with a desire for continuous improvements
• Strong interpersonal skills, focused on building relationships, and working in a collaborative environment with diverse cross-functional teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication and strong presentations skills
• Familiarity with theories of digital health evaluation, behaviour change, user-centred design, and chronic disease management an asset
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line.
You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
February 13, 2020
February 27, 2020
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.