WITS AMERICA CORP, US BU of Wistron ITS, a public traded company from Taiwan and subsidiary of Wistron Group, Future Global 500 company with 70,000 employees with USD 28.9 billion, is expanding into Canada. Wistron ITS has proven track record in assisting global clients to grow and scale through acquiring multicultural technical and industry talents, developing cutting edge software, localizing products, and providing business process and IT outsourcing across the US and Asia.
Our principle: Customer Focus, Committed to long-term customer satisfaction, Integrity, and Innovation. We respect our client’s culture and we work and follow our client’s culture committing on client’s value and qualify delivery.
Join us to explore the new opportunities and expand our business footprint to Canada. You will be part of our global team collaborating together to serve our global business.
Company intro video: https://bit.ly/3e7HuAD
Job Title: Release Train Manager (RTM)
Job Location: Calgary AB, Canada (Prefer willing to relocate to Calgary, AB when COVID-19 situation allows)
Work from home during COVID-I9 period
Employee or Contractor is your choice.
The Release Train Manager (RTM) is an agile software development project manager responsible for delivering releases in accordance with plans and objectives, and in compliance with lean procedures. The RTM identifies and resolves impediments, manages escalations, risks, and their mitigations, in order to ensure short-cycle customer value delivery. Drives continuous improvement and participates in the SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) Lean-Agile transformation, coaching leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. Configures SAFe to the organization’s needs by standardizing and documenting best practices. The RTM helps steer and drive software product teams to success via her or his solid grasp of how to scale Lean-Agile practices and understanding the unique opportunities and challenges associated with facilitating and aligning a large development program.
· Manage and optimize the flow of value through the Agile Release Train ("ART” or agile software product development team) using various tools, such as the Program and Solution Kanbans and other information radiators
· Establish and communicate the annual calendars for Iterations (2-week sprints) and three-month Program Increments (PIs)
· Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering a Continuous Exploration process which drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Feature Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings
· Facilitate the PI planning event
· Summarize Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency
· Assist tracking the execution of features and capabilities (see Metrics)
· Facilitate periodic synchronization meetings, including the Agile Release Train sync at the Program Level and the value stream sync for Solution Trains
· Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary
· Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
· Help manage risks and dependencies
· Escalate and track impediments and their resolution
· Manage release activities (including Product Quality Assurance audits and Stakeholder Approvals).
· Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
· Encourage collaboration between teams and System and Solution Architects/Engineering
· Work with Director of R&D, Product and Solution Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
· Improve the flow of value streams by assessing and improving the DevOps and Release on Demand capabilities
· Work with the Agile Program Management Office (APMO) on program execution and operational excellence
· Drive continuous improvement via Inspect & Adapt workshops and System Demos at then end of each PI
· Assess the agility level of the Agile Release Train and Solution Train and help establish and achieve improvement targets
· Foster Communities of Practice to advance and share best practices in software engineering and Built-In Quality
· Project management structure and definition for budget, schedule and resources
· Project risk analysis
· Project planning, coordination, communication, reporting, and archiving
· Software release management
· Client and team relationship management
· SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification would be an asset
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, with 7+ years related post-secondary experience in software/systems development, preferably in the SCADA industry, or
· A Technology Diploma with 9+ years related post-secondary experience in software/systems development, preferably in the SCADA industry.
Location: Lake Forest, CA
Rate: Paid position
WITS America, Corp is a US subsidiary of WistronITS, which is a CMMI Level 3, ISO 27001 certified, multifaceted and professional IT services company that is part of Wistron Group.
WistronITS provides IT consulting and staffing services to Fortune 500 companies worldwide including IBM, Apple and Aveva/Schneider.