Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
LOCATION: Ottawa East, Central, West, South
Do you want to make lives better and have the ability to drive your career? Do you love working with seniors?
Nurse Next Door has the perfect opportunity for you!
Nurse Next Door was founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2001. We are dedicated to delivering flexible, affordable care options to help seniors stay at home.
Are you a warm, caring individual passionate about making a difference in the life of a senior? Do you want a flexible work schedule that fits with the other priorities in your life? Nurse Next Door is looking for caregivers who are able to work from 10 to 40 hours per week (no experience required).
We Make Lives Better every day for our clients and staff by living through our 4 core values:
- Admire People
- WOW Customer Experience
- Find a Better Way
- Passionate About Making a Difference
- Part-time (must be available at least 10 hours per week)
- Specifically hiring for RPN in Britannia Area with one-on-one client. RPN must have experience working with individuals with Parkinson’s, preference for a mature soul that is calm and has a great attention for detail.
- Other RPN’s positions available in all areas of the city as well
- Mornings, days, evenings, weekends and overnight (to be discussed)
- Must have flexible availability
Happier Aging is at the heart of what we do — enabling seniors to live at home as long as possible, doing what they love to do.
We provide care 24/7, so visits may be scheduled early morning, afternoon, evening, or overnight to meet our clients’ needs.
- Creates Happier Aging experiences and client focused care in home and community settings
- Delivers on our Brand Promise by owning the client’s experience, ensuring that you do whatever it takes to bring peace of mind to our clients and their families
- Assists clients with activities of daily living that is within the scope of a Registered Practical Nurse
- Meets safety standards, using equipment safely and accurately
- Provides premium care approach to clients and their family members
- Responds to Care Services Center (CSC) Team regarding scheduling inquiries and updates within the agreed upon timeline
- Reviews the care plan prior to beginning a visit, completing records accurately and carrying out all assignments as requested
- Engages in open communication with your Care Designer when opportunities to elevate your client’s experience and care are identified
- Updates availability and vacation requests (as per stated expectations) with HR to ensure continuity of care for your client
- Passionate about making a difference.
- Described as a self led leader with the ability to take responsibility for your own behavior and success.
- Time management skills – Able to travel to and from client to client in a timely fashion. Drivers with your own vehicle will be an asset.
- Phone with data plan – our company communicates available shifts, schedules, client care plan and progress notes though Alayacare app. Thus, must have the ability to respond daily to requests/update notes. (Data allowance provided.)
- Communication skills, both written and verbal in English
- Ability to identify and report client care concerns to Care Designers when needed.
Experience with the following Nursing Skills Required:
- PEG Tube feeding
- Continence care
- Wound Care
- Catheter care
- Diabetes management
- Pain management
- Registered Practical Nursing (RPN) or RN licence in good standing with the College of Nurses Ontario (CNO)
- Experience working with elderly
- Customer Relations: 2 years (Preferred)
- CPR/ First Aid (updated yearly for continued employment)
- Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search (update yearly for continued employment)
- Negative TB test (updated every 2 years for continued employment)
- Negative COVID-19 Test
- 3 references (minimum of 2 professional)
- French/ other languages
- Bilingual (French/ English)
- $24.00 per hour + 4% vacation pay
- Signing bonus of $250 for staff that complete their first full month of work without incident.