Do you have a passion for Perioperative nursing? Are you wondering what it’s like to be a nurse in the Operating Room? Watch Janice’s story .
We are seeking a Registered Nurse with a real dedication for delivering compassionate care to join our Operating Room at Langley Memorial Hospital in Langley, BC.
Fraser Health is BC’s largest and fastest growing health authority. Over 25,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and 8,000 volunteers provide services that range from acute care to community-based long-term care, home, mental and public health to 1.8 million people – 1/3 of British Columbia’s population.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities – all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for perioperative nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team providing a range of different surgical interventions.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
– Delivering direct nursing care to patients within the Operating Room
– Assessing patients physical and psycho-social needs
– Evaluating and coordinating nursing care and performing scrubbing and circulating duties
– Participating in identifying and reducing risk factors that may impact patient care
– Participating as an active member on nursing and hospital committees and councils for improvement of patient care and/or work environment.
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
– Graduated from an approved School of Nursing
– Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
– Recent 1 year relevant clinical nursing experience in the designated clinical area
– Completion of post graduate course work and/or certification applicable to the Operating Room setting.
This role is a casual position located at Langley Memorial Hospital (LMH) in Langley, BC. LMH is a community hospital with 192 acute beds offering medical, surgical, obstetrics, pediatrics, psychiatry, critical care, ambulatory care as well as 24/7 emergency services with 47,640 visits annually. Langley is comprised of the City of Langley and the Township of Langley, including the village of Fort Langley – the birthplace of BC. They have led to preserve their small town atmosphere while still offering all the amenities of a major bustling urban centre and a range of housing options from small farms to apartments.