Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated registered nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our Medicine, Outpatient Intravenous (IV) Program.
Fraser Health is BC’s largest and fastest growing health authority. Over 25,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and 8,000 volunteers provide services that range from acute care to community-based long-term care, home, mental and public health to 1.8 million people – 1/3 of British Columbia’s population.
We have positive and caring work environments where you can bring your dedication for nursing to the role and be part of our fast-growing team. In this role, you will care for patients with a wide range of diagnoses and conditions. Most importantly, you will teach our complex patients to manager their own care to become as independent as possible.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
– Assessing patients within an IV therapy setting and makes a nursing diagnosis of the patient’s condition
– Being part of a dynamic and committed interdisciplinary team
– Participating in research and quality improvement activities
– Collaborating with patients and their families/care givers in developing the care plan and encourages family participation in the development, implementation and ongoing modification of the care plan.
– Teaching patients and families/care givers about illness prevention, health restoration and health maintenance
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
– Graduation from an approved school of Nursing
– Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
– One (1) year of recent related experience with peripheral intravenous (IV) initiation and central venous catheter management
– Valid BC Driver’s Licence and access to personal vehicle for business related purposes as required
This role is a relief part-time position located at Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre (JPOCSC) in Surrey, BC. Surrey is one of Canada’s fastest growing cities and its land mass makes it the largest city in the province. Known as the City of Parks, Surrey has over 6,000 acres of parkland and 15 golf courses and driving ranges. Despite rapid growth, Surrey has held onto the rural flavour of its past, with about 35 per cent of its land designated as agricultural and still actively farmed.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.